General Tax...

Currently reading:
General Tax...

12 months for a 1.6 = £165 - personally i think its extortionate but oh well, if i dont want my baby to be towed n crushed, it has to be paid.

My yellow Punto 1.2 8v Active was £100 when I got it taxed before I got the Stilo, I cant believe that an extra 200cc and 8v makes a whole lot of difference!

I just worked out what my 'tax' is (we call it the 'Vehicle License') - and it is £71 for 12 months. And, it doesn't matter how old the car is, how new the car is, or how small or large the engine is, etc. Always the same - $200.13, which is about a week's income for me ;) though if I had an 'average' job, it would be less than two day's work.

Meanwhile, unfortunately petrol's back up to $1.55/litre (55p/litre) again. Did your petrol prices go down then up?

-Alex

Last edited:
55p a litre, how do you cope with that ;)

Well, I have the Abarth, so that makes up for it to some extent :)

I switched the km/miles setting today (pressed Trip, then chose Setup at the bottom of the screen) so now the economy is in mpg. It's funny seeing the really big numbers, and the fact they go down as fuel consumption goes up, rather than L/100km which goes up when fuel consumption goes up...

Anyway I've averaged 31.5mpg (9.4L/100km) over my 130 miles of town driving... I still think the Abarth is good - that's the economy of an old FIAT 128 and that was only 1290cc. The Honda Civic Hybrid that I also drive has managed 6.6L/100km in similar usage, but come on... that's only about 6L difference in the 200km, or about $10 (4 pounds)/month. Forget the idea that Hybrid cars save loads of petrol and money! :)

-Alex

the future is hydrogen! in regards to fuel. would be interesting to see what tax they put on that, since in effect its a bi-product of water?

1.6 @ £140

I think the 1.6 Stilo suffers for the lil 16v badge on the back...

nope, according to BMW who created the 'hydrogen 7' its made using wind turbines. I mean, hydrogen is not hard to make, just the keeping it cool is the problem.

Back