General Road TAX!

Currently reading:
General Road TAX!

Spoony2008

Just got my road TAX renewal through the post.. Ive got a 2002 1.2 16v 5 dr
and they want £79.75 for 6 months and £145 for 12months... seems to much for such a small engine car..and £25 increase from last year or 12 months

How can this be....Im thinging its not worth that amount for a fiat..

its going to get worse:eek: brown slipped in these so called stealth taxes some time ago, but they,re only coming to the surface now so to speak:mad:
when the budget gets read out this sort of extra taxes gets lost amongst other frightening taxes if you know what i mean. i,ve got a 20vt coupe goodness knows what i,m going to be when i come to tax my car:eek::cry:
like others at the time of budget i didn,t pay too much attention to this tax myself:confused:.. i,m going now as i,m getting upset & grumpy:bang:

Just got my road TAX renewal through the post.. Ive got a 2002 1.2 16v 5 dr
and they want £79.75 for 6 months and £145 for 12months... seems to much for such a small engine car..and £25 increase from last year or 12 months

How can this be....Im thinging its not worth that amount for a fiat..

Its not the engine size which dictates your road tax these days its the Co2 emissions.

My GP 1.3MJ is only £35 a year which is ONE of reasons i purchased it.
That said I am expecting this pathetic, rip off government to move the goal posts once more and increase all taxes, watch this space :bang:

Hello Spoony,
What are you paying for insurance, bet that is a lot more.
Change up to a JTD Multiwagon, cheap tax and cheap to insure.

last year it was £280 fully comp with more points than id like to mention..(im a delivery driver so getting done is a hazard of the job)
Insurance not due till next month..cant wait..

Its not the engine size which dictates your road tax these days its the Co2 emissions.

My GP 1.3MJ is only £35 a year which is ONE of reasons i purchased it.
That said I am expecting this pathetic, rip off government to move the goal posts once more and increase all taxes, watch this space :bang:

Saying that, i'll be paying over £400 for my Abarth, yet could sell it, buy an old V6 Jag that chucks out double the emissions and pay nothing?!?! Like you say mate - Rip off...

The most pointless thing about the emisions tax is I do less miles than most people and therefore cause less pollution than someone doing double or triple the miles. I pay £210 for 7500 miles a year and someone is paying £145 for 20000 miles and creating more pollution than me. How does that make sense?

The most pointless thing about the emisions tax is I do less miles than most people and therefore cause less pollution than someone doing double or triple the miles. I pay £210 for 7500 miles a year and someone is paying £145 for 20000 miles and creating more pollution than me. How does that make sense?

Know what you mean mate, I did 4000 miles in 2 years in my old Coupé, how come I have to pay the same? :confused:(he says with a quiverring bottom lip)

Some of us dont haver a choice but to do alot more miles.... It somehow seems unfair to punish us that dont have a choice (In the military)

Some of us dont haver a choice but to do alot more miles.... It somehow seems unfair to punish us that dont have a choice (In the military)

That is a good point, can't think of a logical way around it though, how about mileage brackets? an extra £xx for every 1000k miles?

I wouldn't like pay as you drive idea as they would be able to find out where you were and how fast you were going.... anyway I heard that the government are scrapping the new road tax scheme, so it may be gong back to the if it's before 2006 plate is cheaper rule?

Cars registered before 1st March 2001 (Y-reg) Baised on engine size, <1549cc = A (about £120-125) >1549cc = B (about £165-170?)

Y reg and after done on emissions,

Band A <99g CO2 KM (or something like that) = Nil cost, lucky people!
Band B 99-119g = £35
Band C 120g + more money and so on.

I think it goes upto band G for 400g per km plus and thats about £400+ a year:eek:

Cars registered before 1st March 2001 (Y-reg) Baised on engine size, <1549cc = A (about £120-125) >1549cc = B (about £165-170?)

Y reg and after done on emissions,

Band A <99g CO2 KM (or something like that) = Nil cost, lucky people!
Band B 99-119g = £35
Band C 120g + more money and so on.

I think it goes upto band G for 400g per km plus and thats about £400+ a year:eek:

Thanks for the more update Most Easterly,

Thankfully I`m band B = £35 a year -yeeahhhhhhaaaa (y)......pity the cost of diesel brings me down with an almighty bump..! :bang:

Personally I think they ought to scrap road tax and put it all on fuel. Seems pretty fair to me, the more you use the more you pay.
You can't get out of paying (unless you use red), everyone has to pay it, tourists etc.
Easy and cheap to collect. A damn sight simpler than putting some electronic gizmo in every car, billing every owner etc etc. these politicos are supposed to be intelligent. Where do they get these ideas from.

(steps back and waits for the fireworks)
Nig

Back