General new car tax increase

Currently reading:
General new car tax increase

steaker

will this affect us stilo drivers 1.9 jtd i have , its all emissions based now on i take it , bloody rip off country again.

will this affect us stilo drivers 1.9 jtd i have , its all emissions based now on i take it , bloody rip off country again.

Yes, anything after 1st March 2001/Y-reg. How much will it affect you all?

I personally think it's discusting that certain people can have a free road tax because they're car poloutes less. Totally bonkers. They still wear road's out as much as the rest of us, and that another thing, the fact that road's are in such a poor state. I wouldn't mind paying tax if it wasn't for the fact that the roads are bad enough to cause damage to my car :mad::bang:

Fat people should pay higher rate council tax for additional pavements wear. Oh, and pay twice the bus fares as they are annoying when their flay arms spill onto my space

Yep stays about the same as it's under the 150g/km so it will stay nice and cheap. And why shouldn't cars that pollute less pay less, Im all for it and while we are about it get the speeds down on the moterways to 80mph and anything over 6 points and £200 fine as what with the price of fuel it amazes me to see all these cars and vans doing well over the 80mph and for what.

Just get up a bit earlier as i have been and am now seeing at least 55mpg out of my Jtd and my journey only takes 15 mins longer. Just dont understand how people can speed and waste so much fuel and then moan about the price of the stuff.

Yep stays about the same as it's under the 150g/km so it will stay nice and cheap. And why shouldn't cars that pollute less pay less, Im all for it and while we are about it get the speeds down on the moterways to 80mph and anything over 6 points and £200 fine as what with the price of fuel it amazes me to see all these cars and vans doing well over the 80mph and for what.

Just get up a bit earlier as i have been and am now seeing at least 55mpg out of my Jtd and my journey only takes 15 mins longer. Just dont understand how people can speed and waste so much fuel and then moan about the price of the stuff.

becuase its a little riddiculous to say the least, if i wanted to drive slow, id have bought a slower car, the tax rulling was intended for big 4x4's and sports cars, but has put alot of everyday vehicles into the mix, they really didnt think this through propperly.

how can a car pre 2001, be any less polluting than a 2002 of the same type, like the coupe and the stilo 2.4:bang::bang::bang::bang:

And why shouldn't cars that pollute less pay less

True... unfortunately the road tax policy has absolutely nothing to do with cars that pollute less, paying less. My Abarth pumps out 238g/km of CO. Your JTD does 150g/km of CO. All this tells us is that the the car will pmp out that many grams of CO per kilometer... and that's it. What about how many kilometers the car is going to do in the year that the road tax is valid for? Why isn't this taken into consideration? What's the point of basing the taxing on the amount of pollution the car will produce per kilometer without actually taking the amount of kilometers into consideration? It's crazy.

I can tell you now, that I will pay alot more road tax than you under the proposed road taxing policy but I will produce a hell of a lot less CO than you in my annual 5000 miles...

True... unfortunately the road tax policy has absolutely nothing to do with cars that pollute less, paying less. My Abarth pumps out 238g/km of CO. Your JTD does 150g/km of CO. All this tells us is that the the car will pmp out that many grams of CO per kilometer... and that's it. What about how many kilometers the car is going to do in the year that the road tax is valid for? Why isn't this taken into consideration? What's the point of basing the taxing on the amount of pollution the car will produce per kilometer without actually taking the amount of kilometers into consideration? It's crazy.

i understand your arguement, although the JTD will pay more tax anyway as we already have pay per mile road tax in the form of fuel duty

I personally think it's discusting that certain people can have a free road tax because they're car poloutes less. Totally bonkers. They still wear road's out as much as the rest of us, and that another thing, the fact that road's are in such a poor state. I wouldn't mind paying tax if it wasn't for the fact that the roads are bad enough to cause damage to my car :mad::bang:

just to madden you- road tax doesnt cover the cost of repairing worn out roads

Back