Technical New owner - abarth oil leak, wheel centres and water ingress to tailgate

Currently reading:
Technical New owner - abarth oil leak, wheel centres and water ingress to tailgate

jonnyboy54321

Morning all, new to this forum although not to Fiat having saved nine or ten Coupe's from the fourteen I have owned.
Recently made the rash decision to try and save an Abarth selespeed thinking I could let the wife use it as she only drives autos, apparently she prefers the Discovery and Boxster.....so I will use as a runaround for a bit. It's got some issues, severe oil leak at rear offside of the engine, can't yet see where from. Water ingress to the tailgate to be investigated (upper trim that houses the washer jet has been replaced by prev owner.....), and a missing wheel centre cap - they are claw wheels. I've done some searching to no avail - if anyone has any pointers please do mention them - is there a replacement style of centre cap that can be made to fit as there are none around? Look forward to participating here alongside this journey. Thanks

Morning all, new to this forum although not to Fiat having saved nine or ten Coupe's from the fourteen I have owned.
Recently made the rash decision to try and save an Abarth selespeed thinking I could let the wife use it as she only drives autos, apparently she prefers the Discovery and Boxster.....so I will use as a runaround for a bit. It's got some issues, severe oil leak at rear offside of the engine, can't yet see where from. Water ingress to the tailgate to be investigated (upper trim that houses the washer jet has been replaced by prev owner.....), and a missing wheel centre cap - they are claw wheels. I've done some searching to no avail - if anyone has any pointers please do mention them - is there a replacement style of centre cap that can be made to fit as there are none around? Look forward to participating here alongside this journey. Thanks
You won't find a centre cap mate. Fiat don't make them anymore, there are no 3rd party replacements, none in stock (there was 1 in SA a while back but disappeared now). There was someone who had a 3D CAD File but they wanted quite a pretty penny for the file, and printing isn't any better as they're very finicky and need to use the more complex printing processes.

I was looking into getting one scanned myself, but it's really not financially viable unless 9/10 people pay for the scanning and commit to buying a couple each!

Urgh, thats not good news. Thanks for the reply. I'd dive onto a group buy if sensible money, sounds like it wont be though

Back