Off Topic Road tax

Currently reading:
Off Topic Road tax

Recieved my road tax form today. £210 for 12 months. OMG . might as well just bend over and take it dry.:bang:

:ROFLMAO: yea well I am not shy off your road tax charges as it currently stands at:

6 Months Rate £143.00
12 Months Rate £260.00

Never mind the ongoing messy state that the countrys public roads are in and that all the proposed budgets for road maintenance have been cut. I am pretty sure that soon they will attempt to try and make us do the bloody work ourselves for FREE and persuade the public that it is all contributing to their massive pension deficit :nutter:

£260 jesus what you driving . my mate drives a big nissan 4X4 and pays less than that i think. mines a stilo 1.6. i wouldn't mind if they dropped tarmac off around the roads and i do it myself. i hit some bumps and then think oops there's another trip to the garage.

Ha, that is nothing. Here in Holland i pay for my Stilo 2.4 Abarth 530 pounds a year!! Would love to pay 210 pounds :D

In Romania, the government is sneaky, road tax is cheap, around 60E a year for my 1.8, but then again, there are no roads :) 2 and a half highways, measuring around 150 miles in total and that's it.

That, and there's a 125E/ton of gas that goes to road tax as well, so if you fill up 2 times a month you end up spending more than your actual road tax per year, for the freaking roads.

We've got non-refundable money from the EU, around 2 billion E, to invest in our infrastructure, but we lack projects to do so because we are lazy. :)

i wouldnt mind so much if i could actually drive to work smoothly without having to swerve dangerously to avoid a large pothole or hitting the bump stops at least once. if you dont believe me come and drive down pretty much any road in coventry without having to swerve sooner or later.

road tax is a pointless operation when fuel prices are so damn high. but thats for another day!

:ROFLMAO: yea well I am not shy off your road tax charges as it currently stands at:

6 Months Rate £143.00
12 Months Rate £260.00

Never mind the ongoing messy state that the countrys public roads are in and that all the proposed budgets for road maintenance have been cut. I am pretty sure that soon they will attempt to try and make us do the bloody work ourselves for FREE and persuade the public that it is all contributing to their massive pension deficit :nutter:

Think yourself lucky mate! If your Schumi was a later one (like mine) you'd be paying £425! :eek:

In Romania, the government is sneaky, road tax is cheap, around 60E a year for my 1.8, but then again, there are no roads :) 2 and a half highways, measuring around 150 miles in total and that's it.

I found the new part of the A1 (Sibiu bypass) on Wednesday and the A2 has a few more bridges on it's way to Constanta since last year. Just needs some road to join them together. (y)

What more do you want?

Well first of all we don't have any highway connecting the south to the north. If you want to get there you need to drive 7 hours for a 400 km journey when it would be so much faster if there was any highway to connect at least major cities. I pass through more then 50 towns and cities.

Then there's the mountain side, which is only available fast from Bucharest. Other than that, it's a 10 hour train journey of 6 hours for 300 km by car.

If you want to go to Hungary from Bucharest, you'll make around 12 hours until the border, and there are only 600 km. If your trip extends to Austria, you'll reach Vienna in less than 7 hours, and that's more than 700 km. :)

Anyway, the point is what about that beer? :)

Anyway, the point is what about that beer? :)

I'm only here in Constanta for a few more days this year Vlad.

Going to a wedding in Mamaia this afternoon and evening then driving through Bulgaria to Greece for a month early Wednesday morning. I'll be going home via Italy, Austria, Germany etc. so won't be in Bucharest again until next year.

Beer will have to wait till then :( unless you're in London again soon. (y)

I may come in August. I would be a pleasure to sit down for a beer or 2 plus I haven't forgot about that 6 pack I owe you. :p

Did you bring your Stilo with you? :)

£260 jesus what you driving . my mate drives a big nissan 4X4 and pays less than that i think. mines a stilo 1.6. i wouldn't mind if they dropped tarmac off around the roads and i do it myself. i hit some bumps and then think oops there's another trip to the garage.

It is a 2.4 Stilo

Think yourself lucky mate! If your Schumi was a later one (like mine) you'd be paying £425!

That is one seriously steep price mate, I was told about your Schuey tax band by Stuart when we met at Brooklands this year, I could not believe it when he actually told me the price, it is simply mad.

;2793989 said:
I may come in August. I would be a pleasure to sit down for a beer or 2 plus I haven't forgot about that 6 pack I owe you.

Did you bring your Stilo with you?

Hey Vladof

Dave has indeed taken the M/W mate with no worries at all as he practically has a full tool kit, spares and everything else in his boot just in case (y)

Back