Skeptical about strange Job application :s

Currently reading:
Skeptical about strange Job application :s

Ive been looking for a new job recently, due to my contract ending in August and no sign of being kept on..
I applied for a job today I found on Gumtree. For a company called FAN Courier. First thing I did was google the company, It exists, but primarily in Eastern Europe (Romania and Russia). The job was looking for 10 courier drivers to drive small class B vehicles and 3.5 tonne vans. All good and well, I attached a CV and covering letter and sent it off.
Ive just recieved an email from "Johnston Howard" titled: "10 Courier Jobs" requesting I send a copy of a utility bill with my name and address clearly stated on it.
If this email had come from a [email protected] email address or something similar then I wouldnt have really questioned it, scanned a copy of a phone bill emitted personal details bar a date, name company logo and address and sent it off. But it came from a yahoo email adress, that included his name and a small collection of numbers after it, sort of like an email address you make when your 15 for MSN and facebook; [email protected] for example...

It also came with a fax number, which I might try and call, as some fax machines also use a reciever telephone unit If im correct?

Any opinions?

indeed heard about this the other day, by gaining all your information thought dubious job advertisements people are either used to launder money though dodgy bank accounts taken out in your name or take out loans and finance with your details

Back