should i get a ticket?

Currently reading:
should i get a ticket?

should i have got a ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IME it usually is pretty clear and often reinforced by the fact there are no other cars parked on the road since they know best :)

As far as I was aware, as with what others have pointed out, the line should have the perpendicular bits at the ends to signify the zone and your vehicle should be there for 15 mins before being ticketed.

Hellcat said:
I meant laws such as no Welsh shall be allowed in the City of Chester after 6pm on a Friday.

Granted its in the highway code..

What? That's in the Highway Code?!!!! That no Welsh shall be allowed in Chester after 6pm on a Friday?!!!!! :p

Maybe they can update the law so that 'No Chavs shall be allowed to enter any City centre after 6pm on a Friday' :D

custard boy said:
dont think signs would apply here as the single yellow starts at the parking bay and if complete would end round the junction. theres no signposts in the pics
There HAS to be a sign indicating what the restriction is. Otherwise how would you know what the yellow line actually meant? Can you tell me for sure what restriction is in place here? You can't see any sign of a sign in the picture, but then we can't see at the back of the pavement. There may be one, there may not be.
H

Helz said:
No, IIRC there have been cases where the charge was dropped because of lack of signage. I think the timings do differ as well, hence why the signs should be there.

Ok, I stand corrected :eek:

Then again, in London ALL single yellows only apply up to 6.30pm. After that you can park on them. Mind you, next time I'm going to have a look for some signs as I haven't had a ticket for over ten years. I got that one in Camden on a SUNDAY, parked on a meter - Grrrr! I assumed there was no charge on a Sunday like everywhere else I parked in London but got that totally wrong. And yes Paul, I did pay the fine without question ;)

1986Uno45S said:
I thought all single/ double yellow lines had the same application/ restrictions/ time limits wherever they are?
No. Far from it.
H

Hey, spoke to my friend (He goes to lawyer school)

(not to be negative) but he said they will probably come up with these answers:

Too close to junction.
Parking at illegal times.
If you didnt see the lines, thats unsafe driving due to lack of concentration (or summit daft like that, it was more technical how he said it :rolleyes: )

and some other stuff ;0( sorry.. =/ just what he said, i have no views on this ;o apart from if i was coming out the junction and ur car blocked my view :p

The Negotiator said:
Oh I am not arguing against that, hence my previous posts on this thread,the lines were not correct and therefore it is likely that the ticket can be overturned.

However, I am trying to work out why sereph thinks he is not due a ticket for (presumably) parking on a clearway (?).

I was parked on a road. with maybe 5 bays on it. Then the bays stop on both sides and yellow lines continue on one side.
On the side the lines don't go, I was parked. Not on yellow lines, not in a marked bay. Those are both of the specifications for parking.

as far as i'm aware, on a straight road, which is wide enough for traffic to pass, isn;t anywhere near a junction, and is clear from causing any obstruction.
then yes, there should be yellow lines, or at least some marking that says "all parking on this road is subject to restrictions" the fact is, people had been parked there, i moved in after someone moved on.

By the sounds of it (and I don't know the road...) it was some form of clearway, be it a no waiting zone, a clearway or urban clearway. The road must have had bays specifically allowing for parking but the rest of the road is effected by the clearway...

But I am just making assumptions.

All info here:
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.htm

The Negotiator said:
By the sounds of it (and I don't know the road...) it was some form of clearway, be it a no waiting zone, a clearway or urban clearway. The road must have had bays specifically allowing for parking but the rest of the road is effected by the clearway...

But I am just making assumptions.

All info here:
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/22.htm

my point is it was neither of the above.

Well why did they give you a ticket then? If you were just parked normally then there's no reason why you should have had a ticket.

1986Uno45S said:
Examples please? My old Highway Code is packed away so I can't go and look, but does it say anything in there about yellow lines?
What I specifically meant was that single lines don't all have the same restriction. E.g. There are some which are no parking 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. And there are some that are no parking 8am-8pm 7 days a week.
H

hmallett said:
What I specifically meant was that single lines don't all have the same restriction. E.g. There are some which are no parking 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. And there are some that are no parking 8am-8pm 7 days a week.
H

Outside where I work there is a Yellow line with these restictictions on the tinyest of signs:

No Parking
8am to 12am

That is the whooooolllllle day.

People come in at 2030, leave at 2300 to find theyve got a ticket.

There is really no need for this enforcement. The big trucks that use the road during the day start using is around 8am but finish by 5pm but the enforcement is extended for an extra 7hours. (n)

And boo to that warden on his moped who comes out at 2130 to dish out tickets, If I find your moped you know whats next.

Trancendental said:
And boo to that warden on his moped who comes out at 2130 to dish out tickets, If I find your moped you know whats next.

Burn Baby Burn? :p

Ok, so not all yellow lines have the same time restrictions on them. In which case, I would assume that a road with yellow lines MUST be signposted somewhere with the time restrictions on them. I would then assume that if the sign is absent, then a car can't be ticketed? Anyone know if that's the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back