sex change

Currently reading:
sex change

aren't you the one who used to own a renault laguna, but had your mum as the main driver?

That was me yes. Never did have any accidents in that Laguna either in the 6 months I owned it. I then PX'd it for the Grande Punto, as the laguna had hit 115,000 miles and I assumed I'd be buying a better car:rolleyes:

But my initial ownership of the laguna has given me the desire to own larger cars at my age (19). There were very few people driving lagunas around at the time, and I loved that.

Every other person these days has a Grande Punto, and I hate mine for that... if you know what I mean. I've always loved the look of the Cougar and you just dont see many on the road. **** knows why the didnt sell very well, because they are on the whole pretty decent reliable cars.

Next march, (provided I dont claim) I'll be have my 1st years no claims bonus, and I've been quoted £1,500 on the 2.5ltre V6 170BHP Cougar on the grounds that I'm 19, and have 1 yrs no claims, so thats what I'm aiming for:) And as we all know, everyone is selling their massive engined cars due to price of petrol. Now obviously I dont like the cost of it, but I can afford it so may as well 'live a little'. I've worked damn hard over the last year at my new job and feel I should push the boat out a bit.

why would anyone want to buy a ford though?

The KA/Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo/Puma/Cougar from the mid 90's were all damn good looking cars. Sure there are shedloads of the first mentioned 4 about, but the same thing will happen to the grande punto, and no-one will look twice at it in 5 years time.

The Puma and Cougar have aged very well, both are atleast 10 years old in design, yet one that is in good condition and clean still looks as if it was just unveiled today, and I like that in a car.

I dont care about the badge, if I did then I'd be the last person to own a grande punto.

Last edited:
Call me pedantic, but you are getting your cars crossed, this is a Ford Cougar,
oh i know the cougar and i still go with my comment lol

The above coming from a seicento driver LOL

erm i think u trying to make a point :D but missed lol

the cougar is/was awful all show and no go didn't like the interior on any of the cougar models

Back