Clocks change - Beware Animals

Currently reading:
Clocks change - Beware Animals

When we change the clocks, we change the timings of the peak traffic. Animals that cross the roads get used to when they are busy.

With the clock change back an hour, traffic is heavier an hour later. Many animals will get caught out, so keep an eye out, morning and evening.

In the spring, we arrive an hour earlier, bringing the same carnage.

The roads will be littered with dead animals for the next fortnight.

Tell me about it.

I thought my cats may judge 'breakfast time' based on how light it was outside.

I was wrong. Their internal clocks woke me an hour early this morning.

That's interesting, never considered that. I'm assuming it readjust itself back quickly enough?
In my experience it takes about two weeks, then the carnage becomes 'normal' again.
Im seeing more dead birds than anything on the road... even hawks....
Quite likely that the birds that find stuff on the roads may also be taken by surprise by the greater number of vehicles an hour later than expected. No idea about hawks. If it was owls, or other night predators I'd be less surprised.

Tomorrow I will be travelling the B4494 from Wantage to Newbury. Always a roadkill zone, more than most other roads I've encountered, so will be strewn with dead creatures no doubt.

In my experience it takes about two weeks, then the carnage becomes 'normal' again.

Quite likely that the birds that find stuff on the roads may also be taken by surprise by the greater number of vehicles an hour later than expected. No idea about hawks. If it was owls, or other night predators I'd be less surprised.

Tomorrow I will be travelling the B4494 from Wantage to Newbury. Always a roadkill zone, more than most other roads I've encountered, so will be strewn with dead creatures no doubt.

Probably one of the 'wildest'roads in the South of England..

Passing @20 houses in 12 miles.
It even goes through EGYPT.. !!

Probably one of the 'wildest'roads in the South of England..

Passing @20 houses in 12 miles.
It even goes through EGYPT.. !!

Strangely almost no dead creatures.
Apart from half a deer in a field, about 10metres from the road. Looked like the front half only, cut cleanly, although couldn't see the 'open' part.
Still wondering how that occurred.

Back