Technical Selespeed fault yet again

Currently reading:
Technical Selespeed fault yet again

:bang: i posted a thread last night on the "lets to talk Fiat" section on this forum regarding all the faults i have had with my beloved called WHY FIATS :D .

And this is about my last visit to the dealer regarding yet again my selespeed fault :mad: .
i had to take it down this time because i was getting "GEARBOX FAULT" everytime i took the bloody car out and it was just going into neutral :yuck: and it was always at the wrong place ie outside a busy pub or in the middle of a junction.
I rang the dealers up Priory Mansfield and they got me in the next day (y) .

They had the car for about three hours , and when they picked it up i asked the technician what the score was :confused: .

He tells me that he had move a wiring lom that is kepted under the wing into the engine area because it was water etc that was causing the fault :rolleyes:

He tells me if this does not solve it he has got to order a complete new one NIGHTMARE good job its under warranty.

There was 3 other Arbath selespeed in the car park 03.53,04 all in for selesped faults :eek: .

Its making me wonder if to keep the car that i love or look for somthing else ?.

Are there more selespeed drivers out there with the same views. :bang:

Yup - I've had these problems, popping into neutral, bad changes or stuck in gear, along with the ususal repetitive "Gearbox Fault" alarms. Since purchase I guess the car has been with the dealer about 7-8 times for this fault.

It wasn't until I wrote a letter to Fiat UK, my servicing dealer and the original car seller (JamJar), stating I was starting a formal and legal process of handing the car back to them as it was unfit for use. The next week I received a call from my dealership informing me they had a lead engineer from Fiat UK with them and that he was here to look at my car. The car stayed with them for a week and fingers crossed, I haven't seen any alarms since.

Neil is absolutely right, I'd previously had the wiring loom moved to attempt to fix the issue - no luck. Along with the suspnsion modification for tyre wear and also had mine recalled as part of the radiater fan issue. You've got to love Fiat ownership, but - what else can you get for the money that even comes close.

Thanks for the information (y) Hope it doesn't get to the point where i have to start legal proceding but i will bear it in mind :eek:

Sometimes i just wish i had gone for the manual Box :cool:

well fingers cross i have had 4 hours of trouble free driving today :)

Yes its back to the dealer again this time on the back of an AA wagon :bang: Could not even get it to the bottom of my street without getting gearbox fault and the car going into neatral i am getting a little pis-ed off now :bang: :yuck:

(y) Got the car back from Priory today :) They tell me that they have fitted a new wiring loom due to the one on the car going green due to the damp weather (Rain) they must have diffrent rain in Italia.
Well can not fault Priory first class service :D .But fingers crossed this time i dont get the fault again :eek: .

If so it my be goodbye to my beloved Arbath (n)

Back