DSCI2132.JPG

Panda (Classic) SEAT Marbella (Mk1 Panda replica).

Re: SEAT Marbella (Mk1 Panda replica)

Simon, you know I meantioned my mother having a purple Marbella? Well, it's not the actual car but it is the colour in question! I think it's a nice colour. My mum's was a special though..

Attachments

• seathinten.jpg
    seathinten.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 54

Simon, you know I meantioned my mother having a purple Marbella? Well, it's not the actual car but it is the colour in question! I think it's a nice colour. My mum's was a special though..

Cool, I like the deep purple. Probably looks quite good in the sun. Never see one like it though still, but then again pretty rare to see another marbella!!!

I've only ever ever seen three in real life as in not a picture in Britain. Mine, my mum's and there's one down the road also, but that is it!

Thought I'd finally put up a few pictures of my Marbella, there's two of the new one in there too.
Turns out it wasn't the water pump that had gone but the head gasket, so that's done and now it's running sweet :D
Good times

Last edited:

This should work

Attachments

• CNV00030.JPG
    CNV00030.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 84

:)

Attachments

• Untitled-4DONE.jpg
    Untitled-4DONE.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Untitled-7DONE.jpg
    Untitled-7DONE.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 65

Nice wheels bungley!! What they from or are they general after market wheels?
Glad you got the head gasket fixed, so easy to work on these cars :D Keep us all posted on you developments. You should start a new thread to document your build when you get stuck in. Let me know if you need any help with engine mounts or anything general to the 1050cc engine.

Cheers,
Si

Well they have Fiat badges on the centre caps, but are OZ alloys, so their origin is a mystery, but I bought a set of 4 with 4 good tyres on eBay for £58 :D
Then just spent ages doing them up and spraying them white, need to respray them soon actually.
Got the official Marbella pimping week coming up soon, where I completely do over both of them :D
Canny wait
Bungle

Well they have Fiat badges on the centre caps, but are OZ alloys, so their origin is a mystery, but I bought a set of 4 with 4 good tyres on eBay for £58 :D
Then just spent ages doing them up and spraying them white, need to respray them soon actually.
Got the official Marbella pimping week coming up soon, where I completely do over both of them :D
Canny wait
Bungle

Start a thread in this section (members motors non Fiat) so that us Seat owners can follow it. (y)

Hi ya'll,

One more thing on the list has now been done!! Took a little longer than I thought but dump valve is now fitted and working. It is a recirculating type one and more importantly...bling! lol!! :eek: Not loud but lets you know its a turbo. Unfortunately there is still a problem, backfiring and spluttering under throttle on occasions but again when it goes it goes very well.

Picture might not be great quality as it was a tad late when I took the photo!! But here it is:

DSCI2356.JPG

Its the shiny over exposed thing in the picture lol!! The new malpassi fuel pressure regulator is just in front of it.
I piped the return back to turbo inlet, but not sure if its length is a problem. Its about 1 meter long. It also runs straight past the turbo, and got a bit too hot. I wrapped it in tin foil for the moment and its now as cool as a cucumber!! :devil: Mustve been extreme radiated heat.

Anyway, i still havent eaten so think I'll get a bite!
Cheers,
Si

maybe this is incredibly basic and you've thought of it many times, but are you sure the points are the right gap? Have you replaced or cleaned up things like this?

maybe this is incredibly basic and you've thought of it many times, but are you sure the points are the right gap? Have you replaced or cleaned up things like this?

No points on this engine, its got electronic ignition and tdc sensors. Fancy!! lol

Now that its running though it is much easier to diagnose...in theory!!

Oh yeah, btw its running ok now :D :devil::devil::slayer:

By that I mean it no longer cuts out and dies anymore. So I actually got it up to 70mph today :slayer: Lots more to do, but much happier now. Mustve just been the fuel pump all along. The lack of dump valve probably wasnt helping either!

Si

I've only ever ever seen three in real life as in not a picture in Britain. Mine, my mum's and there's one down the road also, but that is it!

i saw one the other day, in the dark bluey colour, looked pristine!
was round my area (medway, kent) ;)

in other news, shes looking great, should get a vid of her running now ;)

Does it sound like much on idle? Because if it doesn't that's a true sleeper :p

But mind you, as you said alot of the extra oomphfff comes from the turbo, and that of course only initiates when the car is at motion.

At what time do you recon it does 0-60?

You should take it on a track :D hehehe

Does it sound like much on idle? Because if it doesn't that's a true sleeper :p

But mind you, as you said alot of the extra oomphfff comes from the turbo, and that of course only initiates when the car is at motion.

At what time do you recon it does 0-60?

You should take it on a track :D hehehe

Glad to hear it's running better Si, quite alot under that bonnet now eh? .

i saw one the other day, in the dark bluey colour, looked pristine!
was round my area (medway, kent)

in other news, shes looking great, should get a vid of her running now

Well thats the best bit, it doesnt sound like anything special atall untill I drive it and change gear. But even then the dump valve is quite subtle as its recirculating.

No idea what 0-60 is, but hoping 6 or under. Maybe thats a bit ambitious :D

Once I have got it running a bit smoother I'll take it to the drag strip. That will need an extra trip to the rollers though. allways get nervous putting a car on a rolling road. too many stories of people blowing their engines up :eek:

Such a releif to have actually made an improvement though.

Will take some video's when I go to the drag strip. Not usually a fan of drag racing tbh, but its about as cheap as motorsport can get and is a simple way of comparing your cars performance. (also I dont need to make the suspension work to do it :devil:)

Si

I missed what you changed to fix things. Fuel pump? Really? Obviously you have put a dump valve in there too. Wonder why it was removed? I didn't add or remove anything from the configuration, but perhaps the previous owner to me did.

I hope you can take it to a SCR this summer. Would love to see it and with my UT, we can have some proper FIAT turbo representation!

I missed what you changed to fix things. Fuel pump? Really? Obviously you have put a dump valve in there too. Wonder why it was removed? I didn't add or remove anything from the configuration, but perhaps the previous owner to me did.

I hope you can take it to a SCR this summer. Would love to see it and with my UT, we can have some proper FIAT turbo representation!

Hey Lewey, yeah fuel pump I had was a little solid state thing that barely reached 0,2 bar fuel pressure. The boost pressure went up to what must be almost a bar and just forced the fuel back the wrong way. It also drained the floats then and meant after a blast of acceleration it would just conk out until everything just filled up again. I had been thinking this for a while, but had been put off as I was being told that it was good enough (naming no names :p). The one I had could probably go up to 180hp (normally aspirated) but just couldnt give the pressure to counteract the boost pressure!
Anyway, boost dump valve may have been causing probs too as the boost pressure couldnt escape when the throttles were shut. Not good for the turbo! So now the carb needs to be set up again, and chances are it was probably ok as it was before, just not enough fuel pressure causing it to run lean. Bit of a waste of money tuning it before tbh, but it did open my eyes to various other problems (new coil for example - was breaking down I beleive).
I am just amazed it got so much power with such a fundamental problem, could be more than 135hp to come perhaps. :eek:

Anyway, enough tec speak. The car should be ready for a spin up the strip next month, I'll keep you posted. It has been too long!

Si

All sounds good. Still surprised pump is main culprit. I could have told you about that solid state pump, shame I missed you asking for advice. There was a pump on the original Y10 that was fine. I tested it a lot in my experiments and it was always bang on on the gauge. I had it going into the car at one point to view it.

Back