General Rusty brakes again.

Currently reading:
General Rusty brakes again.

I've seen that on quite a few cars I've had where the inner is much worse looking like that than the outside.

Last edited:
Yes and it’s not a new thing or limited to Fiat, was the same wehn I worked for Peugeot, Citroen, Seat, Vauxhall or vehicles I’ve worked on for friends, mates or wehn I worked for myself through Uni, (as a mature student) Suzuki, Skoda, Mitsubishi, Ford…
I have no reason to substantiate this as fact but, as the very unequal wear is always on the rears and always on the inners, could this be the silly back plates that always rust off? Wehn any of mine or friends have i just remove them and don’t replace.

I always assumed it was water or spray more likely to get trapped in there, as the outside is less likely to get spray bouncing off the underside and free to dry off.

I always assumed it was water or spray more likely to get trapped in there, as the outside is less likely to get spray bouncing off the underside and free to dry off.
Much more likely to get crap caught in the rears methinks, I’ve taken off backplates before now and you think ‘where the hells all that come from’ even if you religiously pressure wash the underside as much as the tops

The wear ridge on inner face looks much deeper than it actually was and all pads looked normal. The brakes felt normal, but something very odd was going on. I replaced the pads and discs.
This my bugbear. Im sick of seeing this.

Back