Rip Nelson Mandela

Currently reading:
Rip Nelson Mandela

He done 27 years in prison on robin island to give all men black and white equality..rip nelson

Nelson renounced violence while in prison. Terrorist ??? That comes from the white folks who were terrorising the majority back in the bad old days. Freedom fighter .......hell yea ..try walking in the shoes of others before you judge....:)

Nelson renounced violence while in prison. Terrorist ??? That comes from the white folks who were terrorising the majority back in the bad old days. Freedom fighter .......hell yea ..try walking in the shoes of others before you judge....:)

Have you actually looked into the subject? I suspect you'll be surprised

What many people forget is that Mandela was a convicted terrorist and had the blood of many innocent people on his hands. Google the `Rivonia Tral` As such I prefer to keep my opinions of the man to myself but this comment just about sums everything up for me.

""It’s important to remember, however, that Mandela has been the first to hold his hands up to his shortcomings and mistakes. In books and speeches, he goes to great length to admit his errors. The real tragedy is that too many in the West can’t bring themselves to see what the great man himself has said all along; that he’s just as flawed as the rest of us, and should not be put on a pedestal.""

From here..... http://thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-nelson-mandela/

A `great man`.....hhhmmmmmmm???

But in saying that some people believe Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness are also great men.

Last edited:
I know that he was connected to a "terrorist" organisation, but I don't know if he was a maker and planter of bombs and shooter of people, or a party to it by association.
However I do think that after 27 years in jail, and forgiving his jailers, and for what he achieved after he was finally released, he was a good man. After all, South Africa could have turned in to another Zimbabwe with that lunatic Mugabe in charge. Murdering white farmers so that he could grab the farms himself and have people running them that had no clue how to do it. Mandela turned in to a president for whites and blacks.
Also the apartheid regime was also an evil entity which deserved to be taken on, and defeated, and they eventually were. I do think the BBC have gone a bit OTT today however.

Very hard to judge the man as we sit in our centrally heated homes with running water and fridge full of food...... desperate times call for desperate measures and the rule of apartheid in South Africa were very dark times.

I know that he was connected to a "terrorist" organisation, but I don't know if he was a maker and planter of bombs and shooter of people, or a party to it by association.
However I do think that after 27 years in jail, and forgiving his jailers, and for what he achieved after he was finally released, he was a good man. After all, South Africa could have turned in to another Zimbabwe with that lunatic Mugabe in charge. Murdering white farmers so that he could grab the farms himself and have people running them that had no clue how to do it. Mandela turned in to a president for whites and blacks.
Also the apartheid regime was also an evil entity which deserved to be taken on, and defeated, and they eventually were. I do think the BBC have gone a bit OTT today however.

That's a bit more of a balanced view - thanks.

I was in my 20's as he was still in prison , and then released.
it was his wife ( and deputy..??) who appeared to still be doing all the "necklacing", ETC, in those days,
she was then on trial a few years later,

as others have said he WAS jailed for bad things,( innocent or not)
BUT the 20 - odd years he was in charge of the country were relatively peaceful and prosperous.. I 'm pretty sure there would NEVER have been a FIFA World Cup there in other times,

Charlie

but if it was not for him thousands of black south africans would still be being miss treated and killed today

That's not true. If not for him perhaps due to the lack of terrorist attacks then black people would have had freedom earlier. Who knows, not you! I've spent 6 months of my life and have countless members of family over there, I very much suspect the nearest you've been to Jo'burg is on the news.

Back