RIP Cinq :(

Currently reading:
RIP Cinq :(

project-cinqy

Got in the car today to go into town car hunting (it was on it's way out, piston rings are dubious and it's leaking coolant.) and the ecu light wouldn't go off. Then we noticed the fan was dead as well. So we nipped down the road to our mate who owns a vw repair shop to ask what he had in, and Em ended up buying a metallic blue 3dr mk2 golf 1.8 16v gti. :D

It's bloody quick tho. very bloody quick.

so for the minute the cinq is sat on the drive looking sorry for itself, and tomorrow I have to strip the audio out.

Don't know whats happening to it yet, but It may be being stripped for parts. If so I'll Post!!!!!

Will get some pics of the golf tomorrow if it's not to dark when she gets home from work.

Cheers,
Jon+Em

charlieboy said:
sorry about the cinq

the dub sounds nice though :yum:

charlie

It rather a large jump. Largest car she's driven was a 1.2!!!!!!!

He had an 8v sirocco, a knackered mk1 golf, and 8v golf gti (wed've had to wait a week for that, and the cinq didn't have that long left!!!) or the valver. Tiz only costing her just over a grand for insurance to0. not bad really.

Has 5 spoke alloys, eyebrow, the big bumper kit with front splitter and a zonder rear spoiler.

plus a magnex full stainless system.

Not bad for under £900

Jon+Em

A mk1 would've been a bit too old for Em's mum to cope with. She seems to think we've bought a banger as it's done 120k! But I have a fsh from it's import onwards!! and makes no funny noises at all.

Jon+Em

just got to get all the Ice transfered. anybody know what size the front speakers are? Prob not but worth a go?

It sounds gorgeous though, the magnex s/s system rumbles at Idle, and has a nice throaty growl at full chat, it isn't over loud, just enough to turn heads!!!

Jon+Em

I've got an 8v MKII Gti sat on my folks driveway doing nothing.

ANyone want it? 500 squid and it's yours:-

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

nick

oh so tempting... but I'm still saving for something else :cry:

Back