Stilo_back1.jpg

Stilo RGZ's thread (pic heavy)

Introduction

Just noticed recently I haven't created a thread for RGZ, so figured I may as well rectify that oversight right now.

So, bought her in March 2006 after my old 1.2 8v Punto went pop. Was one of those "offers" Fiat give to essentially keep you in finance for a while longer and maybe even extend how much you owe them :rolleyes:

But anyway, was happy to get the Stilo. Liked the look of it and also the spec was amazing I thought. Electric everything, really decent standard stereo, comfortable and slightly faster than the Punto :)

These are the first pics after I collected her...

...got some minor things from Ripspeed (mats, lighter) and Richbrook (taxdisk holder and Poppy Coral), but kind of intended to keep her standard due to having not a lot of cash. However, after getting more involved in posting on here and other sites, I started doing other things. First things were debadging the rear and sides and adding some Richbrook spinner dust caps (the one's with the grub screw just don't work) and a shortened Richbrook aerial...

...I then got some new plates before going to the Italian Show in St Andrews that year...

...I then set about losing the badged grille and replacing it with a mesh one from eBay for £40. Sprayed the backing first of course...

...finished...

...I then decided to paint the brake callipers...

...I also sourced some Fiat alloy pedals to lift the interior. Same pedals that are on the Schui and many new Bravos (excuse the shabby Ripspeed mat)...

...but then the major bit, ordering the suspension parts. Took a while to source, so in the meantime, I painted engine bits...

...but then the suspension arrived. A mate and myself tried to fit it ourselves, but it went a little bit wrong. Rusty bolts are evil and angle grinding is never the solution...

...but eventually, it was sorted out by a garage and RGZ's looking and handling great (also added some fitted sunblinds btw)...

...after that, the strutbrace was added after a few hours and drill bits...

...and so, future plans are really in my sig. Hopefully next will be a custom exhaust of some description, induction, new alloys and perhaps some bodywork and interior stuff if money allows. Shall keep this thread updated with any developments of course.

Any comments welcome :)
Dude......i want it haha. That's awsome! As for the throttle body....is it the same one that i was told i could change for a 1.6 bravo throttle body to increase air intake?

done a good job looks very nice,
dont want to put you down or anything but the filter you could of bought one of ebay for about £8, peter from GSR did testing on lots of types of filters and found that the filter actually made no difference in performance itself its the actual piping that helps.

Dude......i want it haha. That's awsome! As for the throttle body....is it the same one that i was told i could change for a 1.6 bravo throttle body to increase air intake?

Not sure about that really, just stuck with what I had and did the induction around that. Since my induction's in sections though, I could easily modify it if I ended up doing something along those lines :)

done a good job looks very nice,
dont want to put you down or anything but the filter you could of bought one of ebay for about £8, peter from GSR did testing on lots of types of filters and found that the filter actually made no difference in performance itself its the actual piping that helps.

Cheers. Yeah, I was all set on getting a GSR, but it didn't work out :rolleyes:

Ended up getting the metal gauze twin cone filter because the price difference wasn't massive on eBay (kind of) and they don't need cleaning as much as a cotton one does. Hell, it's done now anyway and I'm happy enough with it :)

Yer that's it aslong as your happy with it what does it matter.
Like I said before it does look really quite nice you've done a good job (y)

Back