Technical removing front bumper (4x4)

Currently reading:
Technical removing front bumper (4x4)

pangloss

Hi All. As part of the ongoing repair & restoration project (2014 4x4), I need to take the front bumper off. I've removed the bolts at the top of the bumper (in the engine bay), at the side in the wheel arches and the ones at the bottom of the bumper. It's as loose as a goose on the sides, but still seems firmly fixed at the centre. My suspicion is that there are tabs on the bottom of the headlights and that I need to remove the headlights before the bumper will come off. Am I right, or am I missing some other screws?

TIA for any help with this!

Hi All. As part of the ongoing repair & restoration project (2014 4x4), I need to take the front bumper off. I've removed the bolts at the top of the bumper (in the engine bay), at the side in the wheel arches and the ones at the bottom of the bumper. It's as loose as a goose on the sides, but still seems firmly fixed at the centre. My suspicion is that there are tabs on the bottom of the headlights and that I need to remove the headlights before the bumper will come off. Am I right, or am I missing some other screws?

TIA for any help with this!
Have a look at this for 500; essentially the same. At around 1 minute see the stuff about the clips under the headlight.

Also; on the 4x4 disconnect the daytime running lights through the wheel arch (1/4 turn) - the cables are thin and do not allow the, heavy, bumper to reach the ground without snapping ;) I speak from experience!

I’ve not removed my bumper, but had a corner away to replace a DRL.

There are brackets for the DRLs which are fitted beneath the headlamps which sit between these and the bumper, you need to remove the headlamps to access these.

Also is a sodding great bolt below the headlamps and above the DRL which is not apparent.

There are brackets for the DRLs which are fitted beneath the headlamps which sit between these and the bumper, you need to remove the headlamps to access these.
I don't think, from memory, these interfere with the bumper mounting.
Also is a sodding great bolt below the headlamps and above the DRL which is not apparent.
Ah yes, I read somewhere that this was (euphemistically) called the bumper alignment bolt... It is the 6mm bolt (10mm head) that is accessed from the wheel arch.

Back