General Panda Waze 4x4 v Cross 4x4

Currently reading:
General Panda Waze 4x4 v Cross 4x4

Hi,
Im wanting some advice please, Im looking for a panda 4x4 petrol, preferably cross type styling, but I believe the Waze model has the cross exterior styling, with optional 4x4.
Would prefer yellow or grey exterior colour, and cheap tax £30 ish year.
As Im new to all the various panda models, am I correct in thinking the different in Waze is the part time 4x4 and Waze app type connectivity?.

Ive seen a Waze 4x4 2019 (so not cheap tax) 30k miles for £10k, so not sure how this compares price wise with a panda cross, as theres also a panda cross 4x4 July 017 for the same price.

These are really over my budget, but it seems, grey and yellow colours seem to be very rare. So, I don't know if they are over priced, or if I might have to reconsider my budget.
Thanks
Jaffa

The Waze 4x4 was basically a Cross 4x4 with some bits left out to reduce its price (such as auto climate control, height adjustable seats, pretend leather trim, and it had steel wheels - with plastic trims - rather than alloys of the other 4x4 cars). The 4x4 system is identical to that on other Cross 4x4s and the regular 4x4 too. There was nothing ‘connected’ about the Waze edition - anyone can use it on their phones in any Panda. It was Waze branded as publicity for the app but nothing more. So, any 4x4 Panda will give you what the Waze version gave… some will give you more :).

No car after 2017/8 will have £30 tax... from around that time, all cars pay the same tax (£165) regardless of emissions etc (apart from the first year). But that equates to about £13 a month... many folks spend £2 or more a day on a coffee (£60 a month or £720 a year!)

Last edited:
I saw that and thought t looked Ok. It looks to have been given a reasonable amount of TLC.

Its worth considering a City Cross too. 4x4 is good in the very few times its bad weather but otherwise makes little difference to how it would drive. 4x4 gets teh TA turbo engine and is more muscular than the 1.2 but not enough to make it much more use on the road. City cross would be cheaper to run and insure and probably to tax. Try both!

The Waze 4x4 was basically a Cross 4x4 with some bits left out to reduce its price (such as auto climate control, height adjustable seats, pretend leather trim, and it had steel wheels - with plastic trims - rather than alloys of the other 4x4 cars). The 4x4 system is identical to that on other Cross 4x4s and the regular 4x4 too. There was nothing ‘connected’ about the Waze edition - anyone can use it on their phones in any Panda. It was Waze branded as publicity for the app but nothing more. So, any 4x4 Panda will give you what the Waze version gave… some will give you more :).

No car after 2017/8 will have £30 tax... from around that time, all cars pay the same tax (£165) regardless of emissions etc (apart from the first year). But that equates to about £13 a month... many folks spend £2 or more a day on a coffee (£60 a month or £720 a year!)
I paid £180 at the post office yesterday. There appears to be a nice yellow Waze on sale somewhere with a new price reduction, I would have gone for it but everyone in town will know its me and I wasn't quite prepared for that!

yes, it’s gone up to £180 for all cars… my mistake

[edit: why did this reply appear in italics @ben ? I note a few other posts seem to have had this too]
Not sure if it's a bug, but I just updated the forum software now. Drop me a message if it keeps happening 👍

I saw that and thought t looked Ok. It looks to have been given a reasonable amount of TLC.

Its worth considering a City Cross too. 4x4 is good in the very few times its bad weather but otherwise makes little difference to how it would drive. 4x4 gets teh TA turbo engine and is more muscular than the 1.2 but not enough to make it much more use on the road. City cross would be cheaper to run and insure and probably to tax. Try both!
I havent driven a city cross or a cross either, so I might have a drive of both to see.

I paid £180 at the post office yesterday. There appears to be a nice yellow Waze on sale somewhere with a new price reduction, I would have gone for it but everyone in town will know its me and I wasn't quite prepared for that!
I like bright yellow fiats - I have a fiat seicento in broom yellow, but it’s not for everyone.
Which Waze is it, is it in Yorkshire?

Back