Technical Remapped GPS needs new clutch...

Currently reading:
Technical Remapped GPS needs new clutch...

I'm just totally p*ssed by the fact that it's only 2 years old and needs all this doing to it.
I thought I was buying a pretty bullet-proof little motor mechanical wise, (according to the reviews/write-ups) and would have a few of years of (relatively) trouble-free motoring (bar the bodywork/trim falling apart!:p)... No such luck!
I guess it must have just been ragged to within an inch of its life by the previous owner/test pilots...

Unfortunately I've got to hold onto this for a couple of years yet so I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet... Sod it, it's only money... Yeah right!! :(

Mine is a 1,500 mile ex-demo too but so far so good, hopefully no Test Pilots got into it to rag it to death. 37,000 miles and my 3rd set of front tyres are on. Original Potenzas went South shortly after I got it which doesnt bode well for missing the Test Pilots... :eek:

Right then.
Got the phone call this afternoon.
FINALLY picked up my GPS this evening.
So far all's well (touch-wood, fingers crossed) and so it should be...

...The final Bill...

£1150.38

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

To be fair, they did reduce it to a nice round £1000.00 :eek: Great!

Dual Mass Flywheel = £287.98
Dual Mass Flywheel fittings = £31.02
Clutch = £213.89
Concentric Slave = £158.61
Labour = £308.50

I've gotta take it back in 500 miles for a (free) check-up and then every 1000 miles for the next 3000 miles.

Not sure how they could tell but apparently they said that all the evidence points to the previous f*ckwit, sorry, owner/test pilots, driving it with their foot rested on the clutch. :mad: :tosser:

What gets me is the fact that I've now got a two year/20,000 mile warranty on this clutch when Fiat only offer 12 months from new... It's the same chuffin' clutch!

Anyway, I've just got to try and draw a line under this now, forget about it and hope that's that... What am I saying?! It's a FIAT!!! :bang: DOH!!

Right then.
Got the phone call this afternoon.
FINALLY picked up my GPS this evening.
So far all's well (touch-wood, fingers crossed) and so it should be...

...The final Bill...

£1150.38

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

To be fair, they did reduce it to a nice round £1000.00 :eek: Great!

Dual Mass Flywheel = £287.98
Dual Mass Flywheel fittings = £31.02
Clutch = £213.89
Concentric Slave = £158.61
Labour = £308.50

I've gotta take it back in 500 miles for a (free) check-up and then every 1000 miles for the next 3000 miles.

Not sure how they could tell but apparently they said that all the evidence points to the previous f*ckwit, sorry, owner/test pilots, driving it with their foot rested on the clutch. :mad: :tosser:

What gets me is the fact that I've now got a two year/20,000 mile warranty on this clutch when Fiat only offer 12 months from new... It's the same chuffin' clutch!

Anyway, I've just got to try and draw a line under this now, forget about it and hope that's that... What am I saying?! It's a FIAT!!! :bang: DOH!!
You are avin a laugh??????????

Why are Fiat Parts S U C H a rip off?????

Most "concentric slave's" that I have come across are about £30 -£50 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying that HOW THE F**K do they justify £50+ for a fuel filter?????????(n):bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Mine is a 1,500 mile ex-demo too but so far so good, hopefully no Test Pilots got into it to rag it to death. 37,000 miles and my 3rd set of front tyres are on. Original Potenzas went South shortly after I got it which doesnt bode well for missing the Test Pilots... :eek:

lol I've got 18,500 miles and the original tyres still have 5mm of tread left:D

lol I've got 18,500 miles and the original tyres still have 5mm of tread left:D

:D(y) There are a 3 reasons why your tyres last, one of them is the lack of weight in the engine bay.

Numbers 2 and 3 are numeric and end in Bhp and ft/lbs... :devil:

Fair trade off IMO £90 for my new tyres so no complaints here, and still have the original Bridgestones on the back after 37,000 miles, about 3/4 worn. (y)

:D(y) There are a 3 reasons why your tyres last, one of them is the lack of weight in the engine bay.

Numbers 2 and 3 are numeric and end in Bhp and ft/lbs... :devil:

Fair trade off IMO £90 for my new tyres so no complaints here, and still have the original Bridgestones on the back after 37,000 miles, about 3/4 worn. (y)

I got 71/2mm on the back. Half wishing they would wear down so I can get a quieter set. Can justify just replacing them for the sake of it though:(

Have got a slow puncture on the back drivers one though:bang:

Last edited:
Back