Technical Punto Sun Visors

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Sun Visors

Velcro strips all the way until the MOT when they failed it as an obstruction to vision. The velcro peeled off on the day of the MOT, just my luck. Wrapping the plastic prong in gaffer tape worked for a couple of weeks as well.

I used a screwfix pencil to fix mine. Simply push the visor against the window and put the pencil through the hole with the blunt end against the roof.

Looks like this is an old thread but earlier this year my drivers side sun visor fooked up and just started to flop all over the place.

I attempted to remove the plastic cover over what I believe is a retaining screw but its gonna be a bit destructive as its well tight so I left it in. I opted instead to pull the visor off its swivel and use a mastic gun to bung in a load of this mystery sealant I was given and once it went off it does a good job :)

Its not perfect but nearly. The original way it used to work was to either twang hard against the glass or too far the other way, nothing in between. At least this way you can position it where you want it :)

One day I will get round to buying a replacement ;)

Well, the buggers raised the price of the sun visor from 33 to 55 leuri, and in my opinion they can take it and stuff it where the sun never shines. Sideways.

Any source for non-FIAT sun visors?

Well, since I replied to this thread I did try another bodge but this one works a treat :)

My spelling may be off here but neobendneum magnets....I happen to have a stash of then stuck on my boiler downstairs :) Really tiny things but unbelievably strong.

Nothing to loose so...super glue one onto the plastic surround right where the visor pivots and then, mark where it touches the visor and use small screwdriver to slightly puncture the visor padding creating a little divot if you like :)

Check that magnet number two is correct way round (opposites attract and all that) and super glue that one into the divot. Leave whole thing over night with the visor flopped down so glue dries ok.

In the morning your visor should click up ok with the magnets :)

Last edited:
nice approach to an annoying problem and an attractive solution:)
someone will come along and be poles apart mind:D
ive loads of these magnets at work for holding sheets down prior to painting
pennies off ebay they are:cool:

Unfortunately in Italy the Sun is much stronger, and I have to move the visor on every possible inclination, so the neodymium is not an answer in my case...

And in Florida it's even worse..

Unfortunately in Italy the Sun is much stronger, and I have to move the visor on every possible inclination, so the neodymium is not an answer in my case...

wow a playboy that struts the world and runs a punto
all bow:worship:
:D;)

Hey, I am Italian, what kind of car did you expect from me.

And in Florida I had a rental Chevrolet Aveo, when I tried for the second time (and failed) to see a Shuttle launch...

Hey, I am Italian, what kind of car did you expect from me.

And in Florida I had a rental Chevrolet Aveo, when I tried for the second time (and failed) to see a Shuttle launch...

looking for nice accommodation lucca sept:D
no horses heads:eek:
can you help?:)
me do good service on fiat-a

With respect, if you blob some silicone sealant inside the visor first (as per my first reply) and then try the little magnets, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Mine clips up and stays there happily now but flop it down and its better than before in that you can now choose said position rather than standard ie down or up, nothing in between :)

Worth a try mate at least :)

Hi.

I gather this is a fairly old thread, but likely to still be an ongoing problem for many.

I bought a Punto last weekend whilst my PT Cruiser was off the road (now fixed, but I've decided to keep the Punto for work as it's been so economical).The driver's side sun visor was also suffering from this problem, so I've ordered a replacement from ebay. In the meantime, I thought I'd have a play with the old one and have found a simple was to fix it. Simply pull the plastic spindle bit out of the visor. There's a split end piece that clips into something inside the visor. Get yourself a length of 12v electrical cable (plastic coated, such as on a car stereo, etc. A single piece of car speaker cable should also do). Run it about 2/3 of the length of the plastic spindle, through the split on the end and back up the other side about the same length. Push the spindle back into the visor with the cable in place (it'll take a little more pressure to push in due to the cable, but it will go). It should work perfectly then. Mine's now better than the working one on the passenger side.

I hope someone finds this useful. I could have saved myself a few quid if I'd tried this before buying a replacement.
:D

Back