Technical possible to upgrade language list?

Currently reading:
Technical possible to upgrade language list?

mums500c

Hi,

I have checked and for the 2010 fiat 500c I cannot find swedish in my menus...
Possible to do an upgrade firmware somehow and get swedish?

Is that Fiat in Sweden, or Fiat in the UK?

I think Tom-Tom (for example) sell a languages extension pack if you wanted Balkan languages etc. on your UK-supplied Tom-Tom.... so manufacturers do group languages together and install them as packs, targeted to a geographic region.

UK spec' cars have a bunch of languages pre-installed (I guess they are the "West European" ones) but if the car is sold in Scandinavia, then it might be possible (I don't know) to have a different language pack installed, if such a thing exists.

Having said that, installing that pack might mean you lose English as an option (if English is not part of every "pack")... so you would need to think about when you come to sell the car.

Ralf S.

Is that Fiat in Sweden, or Fiat in the UK?

I think Tom-Tom (for example) sell a languages extension pack if you wanted Balkan languages etc. on your UK-supplied Tom-Tom.... so manufacturers do group languages together and install them as packs, targeted to a geographic region.

UK spec' cars have a bunch of languages pre-installed (I guess they are the "West European" ones) but if the car is sold in Scandinavia, then it might be possible (I don't know) to have a different language pack installed, if such a thing exists.

Having said that, installing that pack might mean you lose English as an option (if English is not part of every "pack")... so you would need to think about when you come to sell the car.

Ralf S.

I have No tom Tom. It is language for the car. But I Swedish I am afraid

Back