General My Fiat Upgrades For This Year

Currently reading:
General My Fiat Upgrades For This Year

Did the steel rims on my colour therapy last year! wire brush on my drill got most of the rust off! painted the rest with converter! then etch primed and sprayed with "stonechip" paint! new set of plastic wheel trims and jobs a good un!

Last edited:
The steel rims nowadays aren't nowhere near as strong as they were years ago as I found out last winter when I slid on snow with black ice underneath, I slid into the curb at the end of our road about 20 mph & although the rest of the car was fine the rim on the other hand was badly bent & beyond repair, I've hit banks, gone through hedges etc at 3 times the speed in older cars & they were fine, they're just poor quality nowadays

So, as soon as the weather breaks, I have the following list of things to do before Festival Italia Brands Hatch

• Fit Horn. (Found a really loud on)
    :cool:
  • Fit Bonnet horn trim.
  • Fit door sill protectors.
  • Fit Side Stripes.
  • Fit reversing sensors.
  • Fit reversing camera.
  • Fit reversing lights.
  • Fit DAB2 antenna.
  • Fit TPS module.
  • Define USB socket & other plug
  • Fit Radio.
  • Fit TFT Speedo.
  • Fit rear Spoiler.
  • Fit DRL bulbs.
That'll keep me busy.

But what have you peeps got planned?
I added the rear camera … because I wanted to! It shows up on my screen so why not! Added a pic to give you ideas got a led reversing built thanks to john on here … and while your working your way through your list! Give your maff sensor a clean too (if you haven’t already) can get cleaner from eBay. Does help if you gently clean it every so often

Attachments

• IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    674.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6682.jpeg
    IMG_6682.jpeg
    724.9 KB · Views: 24
I added the rear camera … because I wanted to! It shows up on my screen so why not! Added a pic to give you ideas got a led reversing built thanks to john on here … and while your working your way through your list! Give your maff sensor a clean too (if you haven’t already) can get cleaner from eBay. Does help if you gently clean it every so often
That the new reversing light bulb?

I added the rear camera …
Where is it, I can't see anything from that photo? and I take it the LED is in the original light cluster?
MAP sensor cleaning taken on board (y)
I'll add TA filter to the list as well, might as well add th eoil change in too, it's getting close to time.

Jeezz.. you got me looking at wheels now :coffee:

Where is it, I can't see anything from that photo? and I take it the LED is in the original light cluster?
I'll add TA filter to the list as well, might as well add th eoil change in too, it's getting close to time.

No aftermarket clusters .. they on eBay too! The little camera is on the lower middle … better view of the road! I messed up first time…. That was a costly mistake 🤢🤣

Attachments

• IMG_6686.png
    IMG_6686.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 19
The little camera is on the lower middle
Ah, thx, thats an interesting spot. I might while I'm fitting the head unit, plug the camera in to get a idea of how it looks. Ideally my gut tells me the boot catch assembly would be the best place, but I don't want to mess with the boot wiring in the rubber gaiter.

Where did you put it first time?

No aftermarket clusters ..

Ah, perfect.

Last edited:
Ah, thx, thats an interesting spot. I might while I'm fitting the head unit, plug the camera in to get a idea of how it looks. Ideally my gut tells me the boot catch assembly woild be the best place, but I don't want to mess with the boot wiring in the rubber gaiter.

Ah, perfect.
I had it dead centre then added aftermarket sensors… those other kind that look crap! It looked weird … ended up buying another bumper then a re spray 😭 yes look before you fit … higher up looked weird to me but it may suit you better!

The reversing bulb is a 144 led replacement bulb, that can be used in any cluster

Ah, thx, thats an interesting spot. I might while I'm fitting the head unit, plug the camera in to get a idea of how it looks. Ideally my gut tells me the boot catch assembly would be the best place, but I don't want to mess with the boot wiring in the rubber gaiter.

Ah, perfect.
Gives you an idea of the view where my camera is … although it’s wet today!

Attachments

• IMG_6688.jpeg
    IMG_6688.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
1. Upgrades this year is new front suspension parts around summer time or earlier if it fails MOT soon.

2. Hope someone steals the car as every panel now has the clear coat peeling, it’s the flat red colour but shouldn’t be peeling like it does, fed up with it hence why hopefully someone steals it. Not even my car but thankfully my wife hates it now too 😂

Sadly apart from new front suspension parts required the rest of the car is great for 2009 and about 29k miles, oh and it has no a/c being the pop version boo

Back