General My Fiat Upgrades For This Year

Currently reading:
General My Fiat Upgrades For This Year

So, as soon as the weather breaks, I have the following list of things to do before Festival Italia Brands Hatch

• Fit Horn. (Found a really loud on)
    :cool:
  • Fit Bonnet horn trim.
  • Fit door sill protectors.
  • Fit Side Stripes.
  • Fit reversing sensors.
  • Fit reversing camera.
  • Fit reversing lights.
  • Fit DAB2 antenna.
  • Fit TPS module.
  • Define USB socket & other plug
  • Fit Radio.
  • Fit TFT Speedo.
  • Fit rear Spoiler.
  • Fit DRL bulbs.
That'll keep me busy.

But what have you peeps got planned?

A piece of trim that goes from front to back down the centre of the bonnet. Apparently, unless it's called something else, but that was how it was advertised on Ebay.
Might clean mine!
PS why the hell do you need reversing a camera and sensors?? .
I can virtually lean back and touch the back bumper from the drivers seat!!!🤣

A piece of trim that goes from front to back down the centre of the bonnet. Apparently, unless it's called something else, but that was how it was advertised on Ebay.
Ah, gotcha, mine was called a 'bonnet spear' or, as I got it from the US, a 'hood spear'. Whatever... A must-have either way. 🙃

Ha ha.... well I bought the sensors first thinking "that'll be a good idea", then later I bought a new radio, and it had DAB+,GPS, TPS, & Rear camera options, so I got the lot. :D🤣
So you bought the sensors thinking"do you know this cars SO BIG "😁🤣i dont think id be able to back it into the grand canyon without help!

So you bought the sensors thinking"do you know this cars SO BIG "😁🤣i dont think id be able to back it into the grand canyon without help!
When I first got it, I obviously didn't get it perfectly square between the lines when backing up to the railings at work, the comment was "I thought you were trying to get it in there sideways" and also (whilst I'm on the subject) "did you bring you cushion with you, in case you get a puncture, so you can roll it on it's side to change the wheel".

So if I park too close to the railings I get "thought you leaving enough space to get another car in", so I have to get it proportionally right.

Not that if give two f's, but you gotta have a laugh. 🤣

Attachments

• 20220606_125717.jpg
    20220606_125717.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
I have no less than three dashcams in the car but I won't have a reversing camera.:giggle: I find reversing on the mirrors while listening to the sensor beeps perfectly adequate. In the CX3 if I look at the screen I lose the all-round awareness of peripheral vision.
Might clean mine!
PS why the hell do you need reversing a camera and sensors?? .
I can virtually lean back and touch the back bumper from the drivers seat!!!🤣
Have you tried to reverse a 500C lately - especially with the roof open? 🙃

So, as soon as the weather breaks, I have the following list of things to do before Festival Italia Brands Hatch

• Fit Horn. (Found a really loud on)
    :cool:
  • Fit Bonnet horn trim.
  • Fit door sill protectors.
  • Fit Side Stripes.
  • Fit reversing sensors.
  • Fit reversing camera.
  • Fit reversing lights.
  • Fit DAB2 antenna.
  • Fit TPS module.
  • Define USB socket & other plug
  • Fit Radio.
  • Fit TFT Speedo.
  • Fit rear Spoiler.
  • Fit DRL bulbs.
That'll keep me busy.

But what have you peeps got planned?
That will definitely keep you busy, depending on the condition of them as they've laid around for years I'm getting a set of 131 Mirafiori Sport rims & refurbing them myself for the Panda, redo the Panda badge on the back as its fading & my Pioneer stereo's messing around so will probably replace that as well

I have no less than three dashcams in the car but I won't have a reversing camera.:giggle: I find reversing on the mirrors while listening to the sensor beeps perfectly adequate. In the CX3 if I look at the screen I lose the all-round awareness of peripheral vision.

Have you tried to reverse a 500C lately - especially with the roof open? 🙃
Never driven a open top car of any kind! here in the uk theres no REAL reason to own one! only things i can think of that might make one desirable are-
1- you are having your mid-life crisis!:eek:
2-the increased wind-noise means you cant hear your wife or daughters complaining about something you,ve done(or not done).:rolleyes:
3- you have large smelly dog whos farts make a mustard gas attack seem preferable!.🥴
I am currently at 2 out of the three! so two thirds of the way there!- all i need now is for global warming to bring the uk up to a habitable 25 degrees on average and i could take the plunge!.😆

This is our car
Ah yes, I bought those, but decided against them because of the Abarth (which I don't have) colours. Didn't notice untill they arrived. :oops:
I'm trying not to add any Abarth stuff.

That will definitely keep you busy, depending on the condition of them as they've laid around for years I'm getting a set of 131 Mirafiori Sport rims & refurbing them myself for the Panda, redo the Panda badge on the back as its fading & my Pioneer stereo's messing around so will probably replace that as well
Don't think so (least I hope not), this one is new and a log trumpet affair.

"131 Mirafiori Sport rims" nice, just checked them out, are they steel?

Never driven a open top car of any kind!
Oh boy, IMO you are certainly missing out.

A few years ago I bought an MGTF with a hard top, but the seller also had, and gave me the soft top. I put the softtop into storage, and a year or so later decided I might sell it to free up the space. At the last minute, I thought I'd better try it out as I'd never in my life driven a convertible.
WOW!! was I amazed.
Yes there IS increased noise, so you just drive a little slower (adds to the chillout factor and allows you to connect with the world thats flying by)
Cold? No way, you just adjust the heating to compensate, wear sensible clothes, and maybe occassionally a hat.

Never did sell it after that.

Ah yes, I bought those, but decided against them because of the Abarth (which I don't have) colours. Didn't notice untill they arrived. :oops:
I'm trying not to add any Abarth stuff.

Don't think so (least I hope not), this one is new and a log trumpet affair.

Oh boy, IMO you are certainly missing out.

A few years ago I bought an MGTF with a hard top, but the seller also had, and gave me the soft top. I put the softtop into storage, and a year or so later decided I might sell it to free up the space. At the last minute, I thought I'd better try it out as I'd never in my life driven a convertible.
WOW!! was I amazed.
Yes there IS increased noise, so you just drive a little slower (adds to the chillout factor and allows you to connect with the world thats flying by)
Cold? No way, you just adjust the heating to compensate, wear sensible clothes, and maybe occassionally a hat.

Never did sell it after that.
Got me bikes for those kinda thrills!

Never driven a open top car of any kind! here in the uk theres no REAL reason to own one! only things i can think of that might make one desirable are-
1- you are having your mid-life crisis!:eek:
2-the increased wind-noise means you cant hear your wife or daughters complaining about something you,ve done(or not done).:rolleyes:
3- you have large smelly dog whos farts make a mustard gas attack seem preferable!.🥴
I am currently at 2 out of the three! so two thirds of the way there!- all i need now is for global warming to bring the uk up to a habitable 25 degrees on average and i could take the plunge!.😆
To take your points in turn;
1: No kids :cool: so I've never had to purchase a 'sensible' car (never, ever, owned a four-door!) and have no need of a 'mid-life crisis' to justify a cabrio.😉
2: The missus has her own car. 😊 (And never drives mine.)
3: Pets, food, drink, and kids, are totally banned.❌ 🙃

To take your points in turn;
1: No kids :cool: so I've never had to purchase a 'sensible' car (never, ever, owned a four-door!) and have no need of a 'mid-life crisis' to justify a cabrio.😉
2: The missus has her own car. 😊 (And never drives mine.)
3: Pets, food, drink, and kids, are totally banned.❌ 🙃
In response to your responses !
Im now "to late " for a MID!!! life crisis! 🤣
the wifes an epileptic so has never driven!😧
the kids are long gone and can drive themselves!🙄
Not for nothing is there a sticker on my boot that reads "welsh corgi taxi service!"🤗🐶👍👍👍

Yes they are steel, I'm not really a lover of alloy wheels although some do look nice but with the state of our roads, especially Surrey & Sussex they wouldn't last long I don't think, my plan will be to paint them gunmetal but it all depends on the condition as they haven't seen daylight in years

Yes they are steel, I'm not really a lover of alloy wheels although some do look nice but with the state of our roads, especially Surrey & Sussex they wouldn't last long I don't think, my plan will be to paint them gunmetal but it all depends on the condition as they haven't seen daylight in years
Shot blastum. Worth every penny. Then galvenise. It will be worth it.

Back