Styling Upgrade 2013 Fiat 500 front bumper to facelift 2016+ version

Currently reading:
Styling Upgrade 2013 Fiat 500 front bumper to facelift 2016+ version

phyconia

Hello, I would like to upgrade my 2013 sport with the newer 2016+ bumper would I have to change any other items to accommodate this?

Ie Headlights, fog lights

Hello, I would like to upgrade my 2013 sport with the newer 2016+ bumper would I have to change any other items to accommodate this?

Ie Headlights, fog lights
Are you doing the front and/or rear?? Yes there are quite a few things to consider like the lights …. The wiring as different on facelift…. Wiring in new bumper (rear) fog n reverse lights … @typecastboy has just done a rear conversion on his arbarth … love500 on YouTube

I'm only doing the front side
Most ppl do the rear … be careful and do your homework as to the wiring as the plugs will need altering to fit the newer headlights and daytime lights .. my only fear would be the car giving an error on the dash especially for the DRLs as they have an led halo built in! Resisters may be needed for both and the Xeon headlights…. Like I say @typecastboy has done the rears but he may have researched the front too

We use Phillips Extreme +130% 55w bulbs however I've noted that they are not as bright or as white as they used to be, I suspect at nearly 14 years old the supply voltage and the earth is no longer what it should be due to probably corrosion in the connections

We use Phillips Extreme +130% 55w bulbs however I've noted that they are not as bright or as white as they used to be
How old are the bulbs?

It's well known that high output bulbs have a significantly shorter working life than the OEM ones.

According to Philips the X-treme Vision bulbs have a life expectancy of approximately 450 hours. As with most manufacturer's claims, I'd expect that to err on the side of optimism. I don't have any idea how much the output degrades before they fail completely, but fitting a new one should answer that question. Given the number of cars I see with noticeably mismatched headlights, I'd say they do degrade before failing outright.

Obviously if it makes a difference, then replace both as a pair.

But I'd agree that checking the relevant electrical connections, especially the earths, is a sensible next step.

Last edited:
Back