Styling Rear bumper swap to faselift version

Currently reading:
Styling Rear bumper swap to faselift version

grun500

We have a 2008 lounge. Now I want to upgrade the tail lights to the new version. To have that all complete working as original, I guess I will have to swap rear bumper also?
Is that a direct swap or do you need to modify some holders?

Even if you already have tft cluster?
The errors would appear only if the facelift tail light are led versions. I was told that OEM taillights are also with regular bulbs.

Power to the lamps is controlled by the BCM. Cluster only displays messages. BCM expects a 10W draw and the Faceliftlamps only draw 5W (since they are combined 21/5W bulbs in the FL cluster). I cannot write it any clearer than that...

gr J

Thanks. But the biggest question, is it a direct swap? ( besides of the electrical issue, that will not be an obstacle)

No it's not a direct swap because the connectors are different. Which makes sense because reverse and fog lights are in the rear bumper.

Apart from the connector, they lights fill fit. Not 100% sure about the bumper. The front bumper is not a direct swap. The same may apply to the rear.
Make sure you get the right lights, the convertible models have slightly different lights.

To have Fog and reversing light you should. And Prefacelift has 10A rearlights and FL 21/5W combined for rear and brakelights. So your cluster will throw a tantrum unless you add resistors.

gr J
That depends on the year. Some pre-facelift cars also have the combined 21/5 W lamps.
Screenshot 2023-11-10 083853.png

Back