Technical Rear discs swap

Currently reading:
Technical Rear discs swap

Jussi69

Hi all,
Was planning to change the rear discs today as it was supposed to be easy. However, I noticed that in order to remove the brake brake caliper brackets I would need to take the whole wheel hub off as the bracket is fixed with hex nuts and there simply is not enough space for a hex key when the hub is in place.
The question is can I change the brake disc without removing the caliper bracket? is there enough space to twist off the disc from thw wheel hub???

Cheers
Jussi

rear.jpg

Hi all,
Was planning to change the rear discs today as it was supposed to be easy. However, I noticed that in order to remove the brake brake caliper brackets I would need to take the whole wheel hub off as the bracket is fixed with hex nuts and there simply is not enough space for a hex key when the hub is in place.
The question is can I change the brake disc without removing the caliper bracket? is there enough space to twist off the disc from thw wheel hub???

Cheers
Jussi

View attachment 427669

Hi, there is not enough room to remove disc without removing pad/caliper carrier.

I have read that cutting a hex key down may enable it to work.

Best wishes

Jack

You might get lucky with some vice grips on the heads then, do as previously stated, fit hex-head bolts instead…wehn rebuilding use anti-seize on those bolts

Back