Technical 2016 Fiat 500 Lounge

Currently reading:
Technical 2016 Fiat 500 Lounge

Debbiebambino

Hi everyone,
I am in trouble with my fiat 500 lounge 2016. I have lights on the dash these are hillholder, esp ,engine management light, yellow triangle. I have already replaced mapping sensor, replaced battery 7 months ago start stop not working, put in new brake switch. Yet these lights come and go. I am not loosing power. The code was diagnosed by fiat as a mapping senser issue,it is replaced. It all started as I hadn't driven the car for 12 weeks due to hand surgery they lights came on , and problems since . I drive 20 min to and from work most days . No fiat dealers near me to get a direct diagnoses , I bought the car from Honda garage who contacted fiat directly with the code for mapping senser. A very worried Fiat owner any help be greatly appreciated.
Thank you 😊

Do you have a batterycharger? Leave it charging overnight. Even new batteries discharge when not used/charged for a longer period.

gr J
Thank you for your reply no unfortunately I don't have a battery charger ,but will look into it ,thanks again for the help appreciate it.😊

Does the car drive normally but with the lights on?
3 months not being driven could be low battery state, try driving a reasonable distance to charge the battery?
Has the car had a replacement engine earth strap?
Hiya drives with lights on , the mechanic charged battery up to full, engine earth strap ? No it hadn't that replaced. It had timing belt done and a new sump replacement and a new battery last year ,this was before the lights started coming on. This lead to a map senser and brake light switch replacement all to no avail.

Hiya drives with lights on , the mechanic charged battery up to full, engine earth strap ? No it hadn't that replaced. It had timing belt done and a new sump replacement and a new battery last year ,this was before the lights started coming on. This lead to a map senser and brake light switch replacement all to no avail.
No sluggishness all drives perfect , what I noticed tho was if I don't drive it for a few days , and put car into reverse as soon as I pull handbrake all lights come on. After a few drives all lights go out.

The engine earth strap fails at about 6-8 years old, and is a regular item mentioned to replace regardless as its only £5 and can cause all sorts of odd electrical issues not saying its this but it's an essential replacement
Thank you so much , I will get that sorted ,fingers crossed this might be the answer, thanks again for your help appreciate it 😊

Engine earth strap first to check ! then dont assume the battery is ok!- fully charge it and leave overnight, test next morning -needs a MINUMUM of 12.4 volts and 12.7/12.8 is desirable if less than 12.4 probably needs replacing!
If these done and still having issues next check is the rear hatch wiring( check other threads on here to learn more!)

Thank you so so much , I really appreciate all the advice and guidance. Thank you everyone fingers crossed il get this sorted .

Back