Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trigxm

The fruitiest dood i know
This is something I've decided to write about and ask for your views on it. It may have been done, and if so Im sorry but something on the radio earlier really freaked me out and made me think about it.

If you had a vote about bringing the death sentence back, would you do it? Would you vote 'an eye for an eye' as it were or would you keep it abolished.

Obviously there are grounds as to why it was abolished, its inhumane etc but the main reason is that no one can 100% guarantee that the person standing on trial is indeed the correct person and therefore result in the death of someone who shouldn't be killed. Current ways to deal with this at present can result in new evidence bring brough to view due to scientific and technological advancements. This would be a pro to the current system.

The reason I am asking is that on the news earlier, I heard about a girl of 16 years old, maybe older who was kidnapped last year and 6 guys have now been charged in Reading. They kidnapped her and a friend, raped them, sexually humiliated them, tortured them physically and emotionally in a hotel!!!!!.
One of the girls was shot in the head and managed to survive, and struggled to raise alarm after being dumped, the other was stabbed multiple times..

This shocked me, along with the other things that have I heard, kids being raped etc.. its wrong..

Views? Sorry for such a long deep thread..

This tye of thing is common in the states, drug gangs doing each other in, the death penalty has not stopped it there why should it here?

Steve

I think it could be brought back, as their are absolute nasty pieces or work sculking about that take pleasure in things like that, they are both wrong in teh head and slightly sick. sometimes its due to mental illness, but more often I would say its just them being twisted.

I think death though is the easy way out, torturing would be much better:devil: , e.g. with that situation, they raped then killed/try to kill those two girls (who probably never set a foot wrong, just wrong place at teh wrong time), I think they should be raped, with red hot pieces, then left to die somewhere, it really is horrible what people get up to :(

turboned said:
voted no, for similair reasons as before, there have been too many mistakes in every criminal justice system to allow a solution like this. at most make life what it says, life.

This is a valid point, and I tried to raise it.. At present our system allows for mistakes. The system should be 100%... We can fly to space, land on the moon, split an atom.. Surely we should be able to develop a system to detect if someone is lying or not..

Life is never life, and that has been shown many times before. This is a major issue. At average, life is what, 25 years? If someone commited a crime at 16 they would be out at 41, thats not a life..

Hellcat said:
Should make life, life.

No death sentance but make death available to those serving life. Save us some cell space, money and oxygen. If they can't live with the guilt then let them die.

Sentance you to Life with optional death?

There are indeed too many cases of incorrect imprisonment to apply the death penalty as a fix to society.

However, there are some cases that seem to cry out for it. Cases where people are obviously the guilty party. For example: let's say a guy goes on a sword wielding rampage through a shopping centre and is captured on cctv, then finally apprehended and wrestled to the ground. Imagine he'd decapitated 5 kids, and splayed several people to the winds.
This kind of person currently would be kept at a cost and does not deserve the chance of retribution. Why should such animals be given a second chance when their victims have only the grave?

In those cases I only hope the police officers attending can exact sufficient lethality in 'self-defense'.

I say yes, hang them, and castrate the child molesters and anyone else guilty of persistent sex offenses.

But only if it's a 100% certainty that they did it.

Feel strongly about this. I wouldn't bring back the death penalty but I would make life life and make prison conditions much much tougher. Bread and water is what these people deserve not TV etc - I think prison is too easy.

I agree with Helcat on the side issue here. I've no worries about prisoners committing suicide, great plan as far as I'm concerned. If it were up to me I'd fit a rope and a hook on the ceiling on all cells just in case they feel like freeing up a bit of cell space.

Dr_Pepper said:
Feel strongly about this. I wouldn't bring back the death penalty but I would make life life and make prison conditions much much tougher. Bread and water is what these people deserve not TV etc - I think prison is too easy.

I agree with Helcat on the side issue here. I've no worries about prisoners committing suicide, great plan as far as I'm concerned. If it were up to me I'd fit a rope and a hook on the ceiling on all cells just in case they feel like freeing up a bit of cell space.

If you had this it would cost more with the prison wardens being able to sue for undue shock and distress:rolleyes:

Steve

Lets look at the biz way of life.......lol

You kill, you will be killed. simple
You rape, you will be raped (in soho glory hole style. HAHAHAHA. sorry). simple

Too many pussys in parliment all trying to get rich quick.
But every well off person in this country doesnt give a damm aslong as they are well sorted............so nothing will be done.

Biz said:
You kill, you will be killed. simple

it is the proving it thats the problem, this thread was sparked off what those guys did to them two girls - yes it was horrific, and personally i think they should the same done to them.

But then as you listen to the news, you see this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4826802.stm

Everyone seemed so sure when he was first convicted, what if he had been put to death over it, after all as far as everyone was concerned he'd killed 13 year old girl.

To kill someone is a certaintity, theres no backing up, no retrial - can anyone ever be sure anyone is without a doubt guilty of anything. Who gives anyone the right to say someone should die?

Sorry folks I say hang um high stretch their necks good and long there will always be mistakes but thats part of life we as the human species are not infalable.We as a society have become way to pasifist if this scum kill then they should also die there is no deterant for murder and its become a way off life for the hardend criminal a life sentence doesnt always mean life and they are then back out there to reoffend just think off the two scumbags that killed the Bulger lad those two are back on the streets with changed identity and a new life whereas that poor families life is wrecked and will have to live with the thought day by day so I would vote

HANG THEM HIGH(y)

PNL said:
Sorry folks I say hang um high stretch their necks good and long there will always be mistakes but thats part of life we as the human species are not infalable.We as a society have become way to pasifist if this scum kill then they should also die there is no deterant for murder and its become a way off life for the hardend criminal a life sentence doesnt always mean life and they are then back out there to reoffend just think off the two scumbags that killed the Bulger lad those two are back on the streets with changed identity and a new life whereas that poor families life is wrecked and will have to live with the thought day by day so I would vote

HANG THEM HIGH(y)

Even in your life time, when capital punishment was allowed, for thieving too wasn't it? :D , the crime rate was still high, and as said in my earlier post it has not acted as a deterrent in the States, so the only reason people ,IMHO, can back this cruel and inhumane treatment is for revenge, which put another way is satisfaction, which therefore makes them worse, again IMO, than the criminal, they have nothing to do with the event and yet they want the satisfaction/pleasure of knowing someone has died. Maybe public executions should be brought back to help in this call for Blood craze?
NO ONE, IMO, has the right to take another humans life be it criminal or 'criminally' judicial.

Sorry

Steve

Back