Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

Currently reading:
Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

http://www.1stdrive.com/speedcameras.html

Infra red is a slightly lower frequency than visable light, some of which is also reflected by the small reflective particles used in Photoblocker.

To test this use the infra red setting on you camcorder, I did. :p

And you tested it by holding the camera about 8 feet off the ground, pointing down at an angle of about 45 degrees whilst your car was travelling at 30+ mph?
For those small reflective particles to work, there would have to be many thousands more than you will get in the jollop and every particle will have to be aligned so as to reflect light back up to the camera - and you will need enough particles to cover each of the possible angles of reflection (from, say 35 to 70 degrees).

animated.gif

Look at this photo from their website, the camera is at almost the same height as the plate so that the angle of reflection is almost the same as the angle of incidence.

An extra thought occurs, not only is the gatso camera mounted about 8 feet up, they are generally mounted on the pavement, so about 4 feet in.
Therefore, not only do the bits of plastic have to be aligned to face upwards at an approximate 45 deg angle, they also have to face to the nearside at a similar angle.

And you tested it by holding the camera about 8 feet off the ground, pointing down at an angle of about 45 degrees whilst your car was travelling at 30+ mph?
For those small reflective particles to work, there would have to be many thousands more than you will get in the jollop and every particle will have to be aligned so as to reflect light back up to the camera - and you will need enough particles to cover each of the possible angles of reflection (from, say 35 to 70 degrees).

:bang:

There's millions of the little reflecting buggers in there. Shine a light from any angle and it reflects the light blocking out the plate. Been tryin it out on an old plate in my garage. Used a camera with a flash and my camcorder with infra red. Worked well on the camera from every angle, blocked enough of the infra red so I couldn't make out half the number when using my camcorder.
Dont need every particle to be aligned, just some of them is enough to produce the glare needed to block a camera. I got enough left to do a small bike plate. (y)

It works, i've tried it.
But if the light hits it at the wrong time, I guess your busted.

Back