Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

Currently reading:
Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

Once again I spend an evening in the pub and we all end up talking about cars.
The topic this evening was mainly Speed Camera's. A couple of the younger lads use something called PhotoBlocker Spray. Remove your plate, spray a few coats of this stuff on and the camera's cant see your plate. Both of them said they'd been flashed a few times by speed camera's but never received a speeding ticket. :eek:

Surely this stuff is just a gimmick?
If it does work it can't be legal, can it?

Found some on ebay, thought I might buy a can for my bike, when I eventually get it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHOTOBLOCKER-...745057&cguid=9654134812b0a0e203267566ff739c8d

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
its not legal

Yup

was watching one of those Police Programs

If they Follow you and realise they cant see your plate with there camera, then Expect a Ticket/Fine and points

Who says tho you cant deform your plate tho? like 8's to 6 or 9 or sumet?
Surely they could work out your numberplate tho by using ur car model and make and what details they have?

Ziggy

Yup

was watching one of those Police Programs

If they Follow you and realise they cant see your plate with there camera, then Expect a Ticket/Fine and points

Who says tho you cant deform your plate tho? like 8's to 6 or 9 or sumet?
Surely they could work out your numberplate tho by using ur car model and make and what details they have?

Ziggy

I may be going on a whim but the law?

UK Law said:
Permitted but not required:
3D variation of the mandatory ‘Charles Wright 2001’ font
Coloured, non-reflective border
National emblem: English St George Cross with “ENG” legend, Scottish St Andrew Cross with “SCO” legend, Welsh Dragon with “WALES” and “CYMRU” legend, British Union Flag with “GB” legend) or Euro Stars symbol with “GB” legend.
No additions or variations are permitted. Common illegal variations are:

Fancy or decorative typefaces
Bolts placed in such a way as to alter the appearance of characters
Adjusted spacing between characters or character groups
Altered characters
Additional logos or symbols, such as sporting emblems and religious symbols.

Lol that was a bit of a long shot :p

it is illigal to use and if the police really want to they can work out your number plate and then do you for using it as well.
That said I have never met anybody who has been done for using it. Could be one of those unpoliced laws like talking on your phone or anything else that means the police have to stop eating doughnuts and actually do some work.

If they Follow you and realise they cant see your plate with there camera, then Expect a Ticket/Fine and points. Ziggy

Don't think that could actually happen as the camera's they use in the cars/vans require no flash so the spray wouldn't obsure the number. It only works with the Gatso type camera's that use flashes. (y)

Yeah it does work... really obvious though....

Why?

Lol that was a bit of a long shot :p

it is illigal to use and if the police really want to they can work out your number plate and then do you for using it as well.
That said I have never met anybody who has been done for using it. Could be one of those unpoliced laws like talking on your phone or anything else that

My colleague got done last week by a panda car for using mobile (answered work call). And watch road wars, proves that it's pretty high on police agenda (for traffic enforcement anyway).

Don't think that could actually happen as the camera's they use in the cars/vans require no flash so the spray wouldn't obsure the number. It only works with the Gatso type camera's that use flashes. (y)

Why?

There was someone on Road Wars or something similar that when you looked at it, looked normal, but when you looked at it though the ANPR camera in the Police car, it was blurred. They got pulled over for it and fairly sure given a ticket.

Was also watching Traffic Cops few days ago, this bike had a numberplate that could flip up so you couldn't see it...he got sent to prison for perverting the course of justice for 3 months.

There was someone on Road Wars or something similar that when you looked at it, looked normal, but when you looked at it though the ANPR camera in the Police car, it was blurred. They got pulled over for it and fairly sure given a ticket.

Was also watching Traffic Cops few days ago, this bike had a numberplate that could flip up so you couldn't see it...he got sent to prison for perverting the course of justice for 3 months.

Yeah he was in a tesco petrol station. Got a ticket AND points, and as you said got off fairly lightly as like you said you CAN get a prison sentence if it's referred to court.

Although I think that biker got done for more than just the plate, was probably because he was riding like a complete burk too.

I'd be careful using something like that, mostly because three points and £60 is far better than getting convicted for perverting the course of justice. Surely it's easier to just slow down for the cameras?

Last edited:
The biker your refering to was given 3 months for excessive speed, pulling wheelies and 100mph burn outs passed speed camera's. Not for his flip up plate.
http://www.stayontheblack.com/biker-caught-on-camera-by-police-pulling-a-wheelie-at-70mph

Wrong. Did you read that article properly? :nerner:

Shadeymans own link said:
Stoddard was given a three month jail sentence after admitting dangerous driving and perverting the course of justice at Brighton Crown Court.

If your going to use it go right ahead, just don't drop the soap big homey.

Back