Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

Currently reading:
Photoblocker number plate anti flash spray - gatso blocker

Wrong. Did you read that article properly? :nerner:

YES DID YOU?

Kier said:
he got sent to prison for perverting the course of justice for 3 months.

Perverting the course of justice = flip up plate.

He didn't get 3 months for Perverting the course of justice. He got 3 months for DANGEROUS DRIVING and perverting the course of justice. Majority of the sentence being for the dangerous driving. So like I said, NOT FOR HIS FLIP UP PLATE!:nerner:

Edit
He was also banned from driving for 2 years and his bike was confiscated.

Last edited:
YES DID YOU?

Kier said:

He didn't get 3 months for Perverting the course of justice. He got 3 months for DANGEROUS DRIVING and perverting the course of justice. Majority of the sentence being for the dangerous driving. So like I said, NOT FOR HIS FLIP UP PLATE!:nerner:

Yes I did. Where did I say it was JUST for perverting the course of justice? :chin:. The perverting the course of justice element of his sentence was substantial due to the authorities taking such a dim view to that kind of behaviour with good reason IMO.

I pay a lot of money to utilise the roads with both of my cars and do everything 100% by the book and it pi**es me off rotten when silly little children think its OK to try and circumvent the law and get away with breaking it (not 100% aimed at you), unless you decide to do it that is ;) :p

More to the point why is this stuff for sale in the UK on ebay? Shouldn't they not allow it?

Edit: got it right on like 7th edit, boy I'm tired now lol. Goddamn SBS 2008 install tiring me out :(

Last edited:
YES DID YOU?

Kier said:

Edit
He was also banned from driving for 2 years and his bike was confiscated.

I've been reading about in on a few forums, and I'm fairly sure that the flip up plate was the perverting the course of justice side of things.

I've been reading about in on a few forums, and I'm fairly sure that the flip up plate was the perverting the course of justice side of things.

He was convicted of perverting the cause of justice because of his flip up plate but he was not given 3 months in prison for it.
Majority of his sentence was for 100Mph wheelies, 70Mph power slides etc. Dangerous Driving, not the flip up plate. If your caught with a flip up plate on your vehicle you'll most likely end up with points on your license and a fine, not a 3 months prison sentence.

I cannot understand how the photoblocker spray could ever do what they claim.
the idea of spraying something on the plate so the flash is reflected back to the camera - thus overexposing the image - seems sound until you examine the physics.

1st, the usual height of a gatso lens would be about 8 feet?
In physics, laws of light state the angle of reflection = angle of incidence (it's been over 30 years so give me some leeway), in other words, if the light is coming down at the plate at an angle of 45deg, it will be reflected down and away at 45 deg - not back up.
secondly, as the car is travelling away from the gatso, even if the spray worked perfectly, the reflected light would be sent back along a different line, at least a few inches away from the lens.

if you look at the ads for this stuff, the flash pics they take always tend to be at the same level as the number plate (so proving #1 above).
As for 'mates' getting flashed & not done, we have many, many cameras but only a few contain film and these are rotated.

No it does work, watch Road Wars they pull over a guy with it on and do him.

Looks like a blank plate in the camera but you can see the text with the naked eye.
I saw that episode, cant find it on youtube though. On the police in-car monitor the number plate looked blank, the officers spotted it straight away.

It works well on camera's that use flashes.

Normal camera's cannot detect it but if the light hits it at the wrong moment and the old bill is up your ar** then your BUSTED.

This is the effect you get.
YouTube - PhotoBlocker Make Your Car Invisible Red Light Speed Cameras

Total bullplop. They have used the laws of reflection to their advantage. When the plate is on the car, the cameraman stands to the offside of the car - look at where the sun is - it can clearly be seen in the rear window - to the nearside of the car.
Look also at the height of the sun, it is so low in the sky that it barely makes it above the metal of the tailgate & onto the glass - so therefore the cameraman doesn't have to bend down too low to catch the full effect of the reflection.
I do not doubt that mixing flecks of reflective plastic into a clear lacquer will encourage a whiteout - providing the angle of incidence = angle of reflection.
And on closer inspection, the police would have you for tampering with the plate - seeing as how number plates aren't issued in that state.
As for the road wars episode, I thought the guy was using an electronic gadget to blurr the letters for cameras

Last edited:
Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994, s 43.
Obscured registration mark.
— (1) If a registration mark fixed on a vehicle as required by virtue of section 23 is in any way—
(a) obscured, or
(b) rendered, or allowed to become, not easily distinguishable, the relevant person is guilty of an offence.
(2) A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(3) In subsection (1) “the relevant person” means the person driving the vehicle or, where it is not being driven, the person keeping it.

As for the road wars episode, I thought the guy was using an electronic gadget to blurr the letters for cameras
YouTube - Bullrun 2006: License Plate Test

Its an LCD screen placed over the plate. Sending a current through it causes it to plurr out the plate.

Total bullplop.

Its an old version of solution in the video and I used it just an example to help show its effects, as bad as the old version is it made a good example. The latest version is much better and does work as described, I now have some and have tried it.
But as I said before,

"It works well on camera's that use flashes.

Normal camera's cannot detect it but if the light hits it at the wrong moment and the old bill is up your ar** then your BUSTED"

. The latest version is much better and does work as described, I now have some and have tried it.
But as I said before,

"It works well on camera's that use flashes.

Normal camera's cannot detect it but if the light hits it at the wrong moment and the old bill is up your ar** then your BUSTED"

How gatsos work...
a radar beam is projected onto your vehicle which tracks your speed. If it senses you're driving above the limit then it takes 2 photos, one 0.7 seconds after the first. The first photo is usually a standard, everyday photo. The second one is an infra red picture to see through anything people have on their plates to hide their number.

So, even if the jollop has magical properties which allow it to reflect the flash back at the precise angle required to blind the camera, the IR pic will identify the plate & you will not only be done for speeding but also tampering with the plate.

How gatsos work...
a radar beam is projected onto your vehicle which tracks your speed. If it senses you're driving above the limit then it takes 2 photos, one 0.7 seconds after the first. The first photo is usually a standard, everyday photo. The second one is an infra red picture to see through anything people have on their plates to hide their number.

So, even if the jollop has magical properties which allow it to reflect the flash back at the precise angle required to blind the camera, the IR pic will identify the plate & you will not only be done for speeding but also tampering with the plate.

http://www.1stdrive.com/speedcameras.html

Infra red is a slightly lower frequency than visable light, some of which is also reflected by the small reflective particles used in Photoblocker.

To test this use the infra red setting on you camcorder, I did. :p

InBrief
Jaguar driver fined over camera proof number plates.

The driver of a Jaguar has been fined for using “camera-proof” number plates with raised lettering that help dodge speed traps.

John Massaro, 55, told magistrates at Bolton, Greater Manchester, that he did not realise he was breaking the law when he fitted the carbon graphite plates.

He was stopped in his home town of Westhoughton, Bolton, and given a £60 fixed penalty. Massaro had planned to contest the notice but then pleaded guilty. He was fined £35, with £35 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Telegraph 2010/10/14 (p18)

Back