Technical Panda Cross - Shaft Locking Pin?

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cross - Shaft Locking Pin?

PandaFia

Hi all,

I’ve had my 2019 Panda Cross 0.9 TA for just over two years, it’s been great. Last serviced and MOT’d beginning of December, front tyres changed the week after.

About two weeks ago, it developed a rattling noise (sounded like under where I was sitting), only when on rough ground/over speed bumps/not smooth road, so not present a lot of the time.
I tried looking under the car, but couldn’t see anything obvious that would cause it.

Today, it was definitely a little bit more noticeable, and while driving to work, I heard a metallic ‘ping’, it sounded like something fell off my car, and the rattling was promptly gone.

I managed to backtrack a bit later, and in the road just where I heard the noise, I found a fairly shiny and clean shaft locking pin (Thanks Google reverse image search).
This could be a coincidental finding, but would be useful be one heck of a coincidence (was just past a traffic island so easy to estimate location).

So now I’m stumped, and kindly ask if any of you may have a suggestion of where on my car this pin may have come from?

I’ve sent a picture to one mechanic who said don’t worry, could pop it up on a ramp of needed. The pin is quite clean so fear it may not be obvious where to look at a glance. I don’t have a good garage to take it to, so I’d rather go somewhere armed with some knowledge first of where to start looking!

Attachments

• CAF9C4F7-FEB0-4F02-BAD5-DFFB4D0E8F12.png
    CAF9C4F7-FEB0-4F02-BAD5-DFFB4D0E8F12.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
That far, far more likely off a trailer or an agricultral vehicle ! or off the disks of a garden rotavator. i.e designed for quick relaese. Hope everything on the panda bolted and even lock nuts etc.

That far, far more likely off a trailer or an agricultral vehicle ! or off the disks of a garden rotavator. i.e designed for quick relaese. Hope everything on the panda bolted and even lock nuts etc.
Thanks, we had floated that idea too, and just a massive coincidence on the location.

Back