Page redirect to fat fighters website

Currently reading:
Page redirect to fat fighters website

Has anyone else had issues with some diet (everyday health and wellness) webpage coming up when browsing FF? Comes up every now and then when clicking a link and have to click back and then the thread link again.

Not sure if its my computer or FF? Seems to only happen for me on FF.
ben we had a hack or something like that funny paypal advert a while back?

Has anyone else had issues with some diet (everyday health and wellness) webpage coming up when browsing FF? Comes up every now and then when clicking a link and have to click back and then the thread link again.

Not sure if its my computer or FF? Seems to only happen for me on FF.

@ben we had a hack or something like that funny paypal advert a while back?

disable flash - things dont behave badly and your load time decreases too! :)

I just get the grey boxes now :)

Ziggy

Sounds suspicious!

When you say a link, you mean a normal forum link (such as a view thread/view page etc) or any link on the site.

What's the url it goes to? Is it always toys same fat fighters site? Have you noticed which advertising banner is on the forum page at the same time?

There was a vulnerability before that caused this, but we shouldn't have it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds suspicious!

When you say a link, you mean a normal forum link (such as a view thread/view page etc) or any link on the site.

What's the url it goes to? Is it always toys same fat fighters site? Have you noticed which advertising banner is on the forum page at the same time?

There was a vulnerability before that caused this, but we shouldn't have it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Its always 1 of 2 pages to the same site. I'm at work ATM but will post the URLs when I get home tonight.

ATM seems fine at work on IE.

Reactions: ben
Its back ben

http://lemode-mgz.com/fd/dietluma/i...Ag4JWQhC4&p=https://www.fiatforum.com&dtd=154

Thats the exact web address, seems to have mention of FF in it so think it is something to do with the forum?

Interestingly my mac has now come up with this warning also for this site
Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 17.16.15.png

Sure its not your end?

I'm assuming it isn't as its only FF it happens on, no other websites I'm using, and FORD owner said he had the same. Perhaps its just the Safari web browser the bug is with for FF?

Now uploading video so you / ben can see what it is, might confirm if it is my end or not. Will post it once uploaded to youtube.

Thanks MEP - that was really helpful. Have found the issue, it's a rogue ad being inserted. No specific to FF, but uses the same advertising network.

I've blocked the domains it uses, so hopefully it's sorted now. If you still see it, do a malware scan though, as it can come from any site on the web :eek:

I had a dodgy looking reply to one my wanted adverts in the classifieds on Thursday. I don't know if it's connected to anything else previously mentioned but just thought I'd let you know ben

Thanks MEP - that was really helpful. Have found the issue, it's a rogue ad being inserted. No specific to FF, but uses the same advertising network.

I've blocked the domains it uses, so hopefully it's sorted now. If you still see it, do a malware scan though, as it can come from any site on the web :eek:

No worries, glad it wasn't my end as I always get paranoid about these things :p :eek:

Back