General P0512 Relay R1 stop start function - circuit short to ground or open

Currently reading:
General P0512 Relay R1 stop start function - circuit short to ground or open

NiekV

I changed my engine mount brackets on my 500 and now I'm getting errors on the display: "Stop-Start System not available" and "check the engine". Also the engine maintenance light is turned on orange/yellow. The engine starts without any problems. Also there are no problems while driving.
When I use my scantool (Autel) I read 2 codes:
- P0512: Starter motor signal (plausibility), Present, 3
- P051214: Active. Relay R1 stop start function - circuit short to ground or open.

What I have checked so far:
- Checked and cleaned the groundcables
- Change the starter engine/solenoid
- Checked the battery, no problems
- Checked relays with multimeter and switch some relays with each other.
- Replaced the accu sensor on the - side of the battery
- Dismount the accu and reconnect everything again. And visual checked all the cables. Nothing there.

I have an appointment on the 18th of august. The mechanic doesn't have time to fix this sooner.
Does anyone have an idea's? What do I miss?
Where can I find relay R1 stop start function?
If there is a broking sensor cable (circuit short to ground or open), where can i find this cable for the stop start system?

Thanks in advance.

Niek
The Netherlands

I changed my engine mount brackets on my 500 and now I'm getting errors on the display: "Stop-Start System not available" and "check the engine". Also the engine maintenance light is turned on orange/yellow. The engine starts without any problems. Also there are no problems while driving.
When I use my scantool (Autel) I read 2 codes:
- P0512: Starter motor signal (plausibility), Present, 3
- P051214: Active. Relay R1 stop start function - circuit short to ground or open.

What I have checked so far:
- Checked and cleaned the groundcables
- Change the starter engine/solenoid
- Checked the battery, no problems
- Checked relays with multimeter and switch some relays with each other.
- Replaced the accu sensor on the - side of the battery
- Dismount the accu and reconnect everything again. And visual checked all the cables. Nothing there.

I have an appointment on the 18th of august. The mechanic doesn't have time to fix this sooner.
Does anyone have an idea's? What do I miss?
Where can I find relay R1 stop start function?
If there is a broking sensor cable (circuit short to ground or open), where can i find this cable for the stop start system?

Thanks in advance.

Niek
The Netherlands
The voltage of the battery is 12.6 but when the engine is running the voltage is still 12.6v.
So I think there is a bad ground or the alternator is bad that's causing the error on the display "stop/start system not available".
I will do this week some measurements to see if the car has a bad ground or alternator.
Anybody knows which relay R1 could be?

Thanks

Problem solved. In the fiat garage they worked almost 4 hours on the car and didn't find the problem. So I had to make a new appointment (first place was one month later).
So I checked everything again what I did do on the car and finally I found the problem. The ECU connector has bend one of the pins. After the pin
was straight again the connector made contact so the problem was fixed. The ECU reset itself and the light didnt come back again. I suspect relay R1 is the ECU that couldn't connect on the right way.

Back