General Fiat 500 Stop Start Battery Terminal

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Stop Start Battery Terminal

Ah now I understand, so is the part attached to the terminal post, connected to the sensor via a nut underneath as it looks like it's a two part item ?

Stupid question is the battery the correct one? Is it possible it's wrong one with the wrong size terminal ? Not that it would help now, try club 500 Itallia on Ebay for a new part

Ah now I understand, so is the part attached to the terminal post, connected to the sensor via a nut underneath as it looks like it's a two part item ?

Stupid question is the battery the correct one? Is it possible it's wrong one with the wrong size terminal ? Not that it would help now, try club 500 Itallia on Ebay for a new part
This concerns me because my car is the same age (2012 build) as the OP's. Here's what the battery clamp looks like underneath;
1705282767441.png

That copper-coloured part would seem to be the electrical connection for the sensor.

Looking at boatboy's last photo the jaws of the clamp seem to be forced together at an angle suggesting the battery post is too large. Here's another shot of mine;
1705282964480.png

As you can see, the jaws are flush under the nut.

If the sensor is still working correctly, it should be possible to reuse the sensor part of that fitting. You can always improvise something using a standard battery terminal, a suitable piece of cable, and the electronic part of the existing connector.

As a temp measure, cut off the part where the bolt goes, now you can use a much smaller jubilee clip giving a far better secure clamping force as its nice and round, I'd bet it would be good the rest of the cars life? A little fettling maybe required

No it was just good old fashion corrosion on terminal which again did not think it still happened now in two bits put the emails out but nothing has come back yet from suppliers'

Back