Technical Fiat 500 1.2 fuel cut off unavailable start stop unavailable, MOT in may

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 1.2 fuel cut off unavailable start stop unavailable, MOT in may

Marco92spv

Hi everyone, hope someone can help. I have fuel cut off unavailable, start stop unavailable, and flashing odometer. Car runs without problems. Unlike other cases I have no other warning lights like seat belt, airbags, abs etc. . I've replaced earth strap, replaced hatch wiring, new battery. Nothing has sorted the issue. I've plugged in obd scanner connected to Torque scanner app, it can't find any issue. Can this fail the MOT? It will be In may, so I would like to sort it before then.

Many thanks in advance for your help

you might need it scanned with dedicated MES software to check the ecu,s and maybe re-apply the proxy alignments between all the units! check in the mes area to see if theres anyone near you who can help!. where are you based!

you might need it scanned with dedicated MES software to check the ecu,s and maybe re-apply the proxy alignments between all the units! check in the mes area to see if theres anyone near you who can help!. where are you based!
I'm in west London.

According to the register no one near there im afraid! nearest appears to be either Paulo in Orpington or myself in Redhill in Surrey!
Will you be able to sort the issue? And how much it costs roughly, so I can have an idea? Surrey is not too bad from where I am

Any one knows if this is a reason to fail the MOT? As I said it will be in may. Would like to sort it out asap if that's the case.

Thanks

Dont know if the problem can be solved with mes but willing to help with the diagnostics!- I dont charge to help other members.
The problem is i am under treatment for my eyes at the moment and cant see enough to run through the computer menus to do the procedures!.
It might be a few weeks before i am able to help!, if you want to sort it more urgently then Paul in Orpington isnt much further away from you, and he might be able to do something sooner!
steve

Dont know if the problem can be solved with mes but willing to help with the diagnostics!- I dont charge to help other members.
The problem is i am under treatment for my eyes at the moment and cant see enough to run through the computer menus to do the procedures!.
It might be a few weeks before i am able to help!, if you want to sort it more urgently then Paul in Orpington isnt much further away from you, and he might be able to do something sooner!
steve
Do you know how I can contact him? I can't see it on the Mes map.

Hi everyone, hope someone can help. I have fuel cut off unavailable, start stop unavailable, and flashing odometer. Car runs without problems. Unlike other cases I have no other warning lights like seat belt, airbags, abs etc. . I've replaced earth strap, replaced hatch wiring, new battery. Nothing has sorted the issue. I've plugged in obd scanner connected to Torque scanner app, it can't find any issue. Can this fail the MOT? It will be In may, so I would like to sort it before then.

Many thanks in advance for your help
Sounds very like my issue the other week. I had replaced earth strap and battery, but hadn’t tightened the earth strap properly..

Hi guys, hope you are all having a good time. I have some good news. I finally sorted the issue with my fiat 500. Turned out that the airbag module was faulty. Not fixable. The company I sent it off to, cloned my ECU on to a new (used) one. From what I understood, after plugging the old one into their scanner, they had communication, but the internal chip kept overheating. So I just plugged in the new one and all messages on dashboard disappeared, without even having to clear any fault codes with a scanner.

Made my day.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys, hope you are all having a good time. I have some good news. I finally sorted the issue with my fiat 500. Turned out that the airbag module was faulty. Not fixable. The company I sent it off to, cloned my ECU on to a new (used) one. From what I understood, after plugging the old one into their scanner, they had communication, but the internal chip kept overheating. So I just plugged in the new one and all messages on dashboard disappeared, without even having to clear any fault codes with a scanner.

Made my day.

Cheers
We love it when that happens! 👍 nothing better than someone solving an issue thats been driving them nuts!:unsure:🤪

Made my day.

Cheers
Hi, how did you get to the point to identify the airbag module ?
Great news

Back