Technical Start stop battery

Currently reading:
Technical Start stop battery

Cate

I have a start stop battery in my 2010 Fiat 500. My cars engine does not cut out when at a standstill. Also the boot will only open when the engine is running. Any helpful will be very much appreciated.

Few things
Type of driving really effects the SS system, age and type of battery has an effect, if its over 3 years old its possibly in a poor state, the sensor for the SS often fails(wiring) beside the neg terminal on the battery.

Very well known issue with the the wires going to the tailgate causing all sorts of issues, wiper not working, boot won't open number plate lights etc

Will the car restart if you intentionally stall the car?

Few things
Type of driving really effects the SS system, age and type of battery has an effect, if its over 3 years old its possibly in a poor state, the sensor for the SS often fails(wiring) beside the neg terminal on the battery.

Very well known issue with the the wires going to the tailgate causing all sorts of issues, wiper not working, boot won't open number plate lights etc

Will the car restart if you intentionally stall the car?
Thank you . So would the battery not being up to par stop the boot opening. I will try intentionally stalling the car in the morning. Thank you again for your time

Thank you . So would the battery not being up to par stop the boot opening. I will try intentionally stalling the car in the morning. Thank you again for your time
No the boot issue is almost certainly the well known problem where by the wires going through the flexible section break and worse short out stopping things work.
You need to sort this as it "can" cause other car systems to give issue like the ABS braking

look here https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/maybelline-has-thrown-a-hissy-fit.423837/

Last edited:
Back