Technical How to recognise stop-start

Currently reading:
Technical How to recognise stop-start

Hi 🙂

Lift off the sensor cable on the battery terminal...
That should help the system assess the battery charge state
Actually I want to take all the battery terminals off (and clean them), is there a specific connection procedure, or can I just put the terminals back on?
Regards
GB

20231022_Battery-02.png

I take off the quick release earth lead first! then the positive lead cluster! -then disconnect the small stop/start wire on the negative block! finally the negative block itself!,
Reassembly POSITIVE BLOCK FIRST! - then reconnect the stop start wire to the neg block! neg block on next!- finally quick release earth wire! dont forget to reset speedo time/date functions!

I take off the quick release earth lead first! then the positive lead cluster! -then disconnect the small stop/start wire on the negative block! finally the negative block itself!,
Reassembly POSITIVE BLOCK FIRST! - then reconnect the stop start wire to the neg block! neg block on next!- finally quick release earth wire! dont forget to reset speedo time/date functions!
Thank you very much. Your speedy reply means I can do it today. 👍🍻

All good by the way i have found that when you take the main blocks off the terminals that because they are "cone shaped" they can be a bit reluctant to reseat properly! best way is to place over the terminal and LIGHTLY TAP DOWN with an appropriate size socket and a rubber/hide mallet until flush! you normally cant get a 10mm socket on the nuts so i use 10mm ring/open ended spanner! tighten the nut slowly whilst holding the connector block down onto the terminal with your other thumb to keep connector in place! dont overtighten the nut as easy to strip threads just enough to keep it snug! good luck! a small smear of electrical grease ( or vasaline if you dont have any!?) keep the terminals corrosion free and gives maximum electrical conntact!

Upon further investigation, after clearing error codes, the orange triangle stays off and I can push the SS button to get the light illuminated on the dash. However, the text message in the EVIC says "Stop/Start disconnected" when the light is on, and "Stop/Start connected" when the light is off. Something makes me think it should've been the other way around!

One of the error codes was 2209, even the tester didn't recognise it.

Went for a half hour drive, and it doesn't work either way.

Battery voltage measures 12.6V, and rises to 12.8V when I raise the RPM..

Have yet to remove and clean battery terminals, and although they look ok, I won't be sure till I've done it personally. I'll check the other ends of the cables too.

That sounds interesting, I'll give it a go. Thx.
Although if it doen't look obvious, I'll post some pics of the battery set up.

Regards
GB
No the light is as it should be

I thought we would need to replace our battery as operations, various, incl. S/S kept switching off apparently randomly.

Nope, as with other ills, my driving it more frequently (than my wife) and with some vigorous application of the RH pedal means the car is much happier nowadays, and all of that early temperamental behaviour has gone. Italian car likes Italian tuning shocker.

Back