Technical Overfilled 6 gear scudo transmission.

Currently reading:
Technical Overfilled 6 gear scudo transmission.

FiatNorway

Hi, Just changed driveshaft on my 2012 6 gear manual Scudo. Since the transmission oil was only a month old i did not bother to drain all the fluid but planned to top it up with new oil to replace the oil I drained when removing the shaft. I thought I was supposed to fill until oil came out of the breathing plug on top of the tranny. The problem now is that I have topped with 2liter, and I guess only 0.5 liter left the tranny during the driveshaft change. So it could now be 3.5 liters in there. And the capacity is only 2 liter? Is it not supposed to leave the breathing/filler plug on top if overfilled? Can this cause any issues? No leakage etc.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 56
Hi, Just changed driveshaft on my 2012 6 gear manual Scudo. Since the transmission oil was only a month old i did not bother to drain all the fluid but planned to top it up with new oil to replace the oil I drained when removing the shaft. I thought I was supposed to fill until oil came out of the breathing plug on top of the tranny. The problem now is that I have topped with 2liter, and I guess only 0.5 liter left the tranny during the driveshaft change. So it could now be 3.5 liters in there. And the capacity is only 2 liter? Is it not supposed to leave the breathing/filler plug on top if overfilled? Can this cause any issues? No leakage etc.

Hi,

Yes too much oil is not good, excess oil can leak past the input shaft seal all over the clutch.

Best wishes
Jack

Hi,

Yes too much oil is not good, excess oil can leak past the input shaft seal all over the clutch.

Best wishes
Jack
Ok, drained and changed the oil with correct amount. I just hope no harm has been done. Is it common that oil passes the input shaft and hit the clutch?

Ok, drained and changed the oil with correct amount. I just hope no harm has been done. Is it common that oil passes the input shaft and hit the clutch?
Hi,
Well done correcting the problem (-:

You should have no problem now.

No it is not common or transmission oil to pass the input shaft seal when the level is correct

Best wishes

J

Back