Technical 05 Scudo hazards not working.

Currently reading:
Technical 05 Scudo hazards not working.

IanHW77K

Hi all. I'm having problems with my 05 Scudo. When I turn the hazard lights on, only the left indicators work. On the last MOT, the tester managed to get them to work by turning them off and on again, many times! I can't get them to work at all now and the MOT is due soon.
Could this be a switch or a relay problem? The indicators work fine, it's just the hazards.

Thanks in advance.
Ian.

My guess ,very much a guess , is as last time operating the switch multiple times got it through test.....start with suspecting the switch is faulty

As @jackwhoo says, possibly with switch unplugged and removed and given a good spray with proper electrical spray cleaner, as it cleans and leaves no residue.
That has worked for me in the past as hazard light switch doesn't get used often.

I must admit, I had similar problems with my old Citroen Synergie but that would work on all lights, it just needed switching on and off vigorously a few times. Replacement switches seem to be as hard to come by as rocking horse poo.
I'll give it a spray and a blow out with the air compressor and see how it goes.

I must admit, I had similar problems with my old Citroen Synergie but that would work on all lights, it just needed switching on and off vigorously a few times. Replacement switches seem to be as hard to come by as rocking horse poo.
I'll give it a spray and a blow out with the air compressor and see how it goes.
Not WD40, has to be genuine switch cleaner suitable for computer circuit boards etc. Usually giving it a good spraying in all the cracks and holes to get inside the switch with lots of working. I have taken them apart in past but good chance they do not want to reassemble, so best just external good spray.:)

Back