Orange renewed contract

Currently reading:
Orange renewed contract

Hi All,

I have been with Orange for 12 months on a 12 month contract and was waiting for some sort of communication either prompting to upgrade or continue my contract.

Instead, they have made their own decision to renew my contract to a 24 month contract, and charge an extra £4 for the same amount of minutes etc.

Before I dig into the small print etc and give them a ring, does anyone know if this is the 'done' thing or if I have the right to be annoyed here?

Thanks in advance anyone!

Sam

was waiting for some sort of communication either prompting to upgrade or continue my contract.

Instead, they have made their own decision to renew my contract to a 24 month contract, and charge an extra £4 for the same amount of minutes etc.

So how do you know the latter if they haven't communicated with you :confused:

Dont know about the extension of the contract but they are bumping up everyones contracts by a few £ a month depending on the tariff so this will be where the £4 extra pm has come from

Theyve been sending letters out, i and many others have received one, mine has gone up £1.83 a month which considering im on the internet all the time on it on 4G which is faster than my computer i can accept the hit

Do you actually want to cancel? If you call up they'll probably knock £5-£10 a month off for the same package. I've been with Orange for over 8 years and get 800 minutes, infinite texts and 1000Mb data for £27.99 (taking the price rise into account). That's getting a new handset too. If I keep this one at renewal that would drop to £15-£20 a month I'd imagine :).

Last edited:
I may do yes, I only have a galaxy ace (worth less than £100) and with the package they have put me on ill be paying £30 a month, a bit much in my opinion. That's 200 minutes/unlimited texts/750mb data.

When my Vodafone contract ended I switched to Tesco on sim only, its 15pm including VAT, on a 1 month basis so if I break my phone I can go back to a normal contract. Its 1GB data, 5000 texts, and I think 600 minutes. It uses the O2 network so is actually better than the Vodafone I had (where 3G didn't work otherwise I might have taken the 10 quid a month the retentions department offered me).

Not great is it! :( Thinking about giffgaff or something similar like mentioned above.

Not sure what GiffGaff is like, but they also use O2 so tbh shouldn't be much in it.

edited after the above... tesco has never given me any issues with service, it just works like a phone does, Been on it for 4 months.

Last edited:
I'd stay well clear of giffgaff. Nearly everyone who I know who's on hit hates it. Had some dude turn up late to a job interview saying he was lost and it took him 30minutes to make a phone call.

Ah really :( Guessing that's why they're so cheap. Will have to look into it.

@StevenRB45 - sounds okay to me. Whose network do they use?

Ah really :( Guessing that's why they're so cheap. Will have to look into it.

@StevenRB45 - sounds okay to me. Whose network do they use?

O2, only issues I've had come to think of it is texts going awol for a few hours every once in a while...however that used to happen when I was on O2 proper so I think its a peculiarity of them in general not just Tesco.

Hi All,

I have been with Orange for 12 months on a 12 month contract and was waiting for some sort of communication either prompting to upgrade or continue my contract.

Before I dig into the small print etc and give them a ring, does anyone know if this is the 'done' thing or if I have the right to be annoyed here?

Thanks in advance anyone!

Sam

you dont get communication at the end of a contract term
it simply becomes a rolling 30 day contract
you got a letter about a rise in price as everyone else has
if yo call up and say you are cancelling due t the rise,they will offer you a better deal
of course you may wish to shop around
Im currently out of contract on a 12 month sim only deal with Orange
£8 for 300 minutes,unlimited texts and 750mb of data inc Orange wifi

plan.JPG

doesnt look like a 30 day rolling contract :S expires in 2014.

Silly question now, but I purchased the contract through Carphone Warehouse, should I go direct to Orange or C.W?

Back