Orange renewed contract

Currently reading:
Orange renewed contract

I'm with gift gaff, have been for like 3 years now, only pay a tender a month and get unlimited Internet, 250 mins and unlimited texts! And I'm not tied in. Service is excellent quality, as it runs off O2.

View attachment 114186

doesnt look like a 30 day rolling contract :S expires in 2014.

Silly question now, but I purchased the contract through Carphone Warehouse, should I go direct to Orange or C.W?

Do you have paperwork to prove you signed to a 12 month contract with Orange?
sim free contracts are more likely on 12 months

No :-/ It's direct debit, so they take £10, every month, and in return i get 250 Mins, Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Internet

So it's a 30 day rolling contact then? What's the adding on £10 about if it gets taken via Direct Debit :confused:

Mind me asking what plan it is? And does it allow tethering?

You lot are gonna think im a right f***** idiot.

basically, my contract is 24 month, started last march and will expire next march.

I KNOW that I set a up a 12 month contract, with 10 month early upgrade. HOWEVER, I did not check the documentation properly when I got it and therefore I've been on a 24 month contract all along. If I had checked this at thetimeI could have changed it.

Feel like such an idiot as im usually clued up with this stuff, but the case is I am tied into the contract for another 12 months @ £30 a month.

So, with cancelling out of the question, what now?

This is such a **** deal, it was OK before, but with the price increase, not so much.

Thanks for any help, despite me being a tool.

you dont get communication at the end of a contract term
it simply becomes a rolling 30 day contract
you got a letter about a rise in price as everyone else has
if yo call up and say you are cancelling due t the rise,they will offer you a better deal
of course you may wish to shop around
Im currently out of contract on a 12 month sim only deal with Orange
£8 for 300 minutes,unlimited texts and 750mb of data inc Orange wifi
what was you on before? cause that sounds awsome to what i want :)

You lot are gonna think im a right f***** idiot.

basically, my contract is 24 month, started last march and will expire next march.

I KNOW that I set a up a 12 month contract, with 10 month early upgrade. HOWEVER, I did not check the documentation properly when I got it and therefore I've been on a 24 month contract all along. If I had checked this at thetimeI could have changed it.

Feel like such an idiot as im usually clued up with this stuff, but the case is I am tied into the contract for another 12 months @ £30 a month.

So, with cancelling out of the question, what now?

This is such a **** deal, it was OK before, but with the price increase, not so much.

Thanks for any help, despite me being a tool.

phone up and complain anyway
most folks have had the increase taken off at least
many have had a better deal
worst case you will just be paying what you pay before phoning up

What's the reason for the price increase again? Check small print, often have a get out clause about unreasonable price changes. Although its not that an unreasonable change might be worth kicking off and saying you're on the poverty line, can't afford anything and that the price increase will be putting you over drawn each month etc / lost your job recently etc. Its worth a try.

What's the reason for the price increase again? Check small print, often have a get out clause about unreasonable price changes. Although its not that an unreasonable change might be worth kicking off and saying you're on the poverty line, can't afford anything and that the price increase will be putting you over drawn each month etc / lost your job recently etc. Its worth a try.

it doesnt
its inline with RPI and covered in the contract

Could do, or I could sit it out. Ideally, i'd love to end it now. But can't due to the contract! Lesson learned, ALWAYS CHECK DOCUMENTATION!

Back