Technical Oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leak

Jed3

Hi i wonder if someone can give me advice please. I just brought a Fiat 500 2015 reg. Its had a service but i notice oil around bottom of air filter is this a problem i enclosed a photo many thanks
IMG-20240224-WA0038.jpeg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I do not think thats anything much to worry about. There is always a little oil thereabouts and we have 2 1.2 Fiats that have varying amounts of oil there. It comes through the crankcase breather pipes and as long as its minimal its irritating but not anything that is likely to cause major issues. You could clean the area and the inside of the air filter box with some kitchen roll and see what returns after a few thousand miles.

Might be worth popping the air box off and seeing if the throttle body needs a clean! -dont forget the small pipe underneath that runs to the manifold if you pop it off! and be gentle with the pipe and bolt that secure the intake pipe to the grill!

I do not think thats anything much to worry about. There is always a little oil thereabouts and we have 2 1.2 Fiats that have varying amounts of oil there. It comes through the crankcase breather pipes and as long as its minimal its irritating but not anything that is likely to cause major issues. You could clean the area and the inside of the air filter box with some kitchen roll and see what returns after a few thousand miles.
Thing is i only brought it today surely it shouldn't be like that

c
Thing is i only brought it today surely it shouldn't be like that
Looks OK to me based on comparing our which is 2014 40,000 miles. At this age it will not be perfect and you have to accept condition relating to age.. See what others think. I dont think there is anyting missing.

Back