Currently reading:
General Number of Pandas

Panda cross

Attachments

• 20190211_111245.jpg
    20190211_111245.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 113
Hi All,

New 2004 panda owner here, since last week. It's already had a few issues with knackered dampers, windows not working, central locking not working, fuses blown and a couple of minor issues too.

After owning a 1998 Punto from new in the family, multiple repairs throughout it's life it finally went to the scrapyard when welding became too much, and the Panda is the replacement.

Chris

New Panda owner here, too! I've posted over in "Members Motors" but I'll repeat it here; I've got a blue '04 Panda 1.1 Active. It has 93k on the clock, nothing seriously wrong as far as I can tell but it needs some minor love & attention.

I'd link to that thread here but it seems I haven't made enough posts yet :confused: so you'll have to find it the hard way!

For a 15-year-old car it's pretty decent; the only real change from stock is that one of the five previous owners got fed up with the tape deck and fitted a low-end Sony CD player.

My son's also 15, a bit younger than the car, so if it's still in my hands in a couple of years it could become his in due course.

Just bought this little commuter, '05 multijet Dynamic.
Not new to Fiats have owned the following over the years:-
127 Sport, "Classic" Panda 4x4, Punto 1, Seicento Sporting Abarth, Qubo, Punto twinair, 500 vintage.

I've had mine just shy of 12 months now and I love it, the engine is a revalation, twin cam, 16v,turbo charged with inter cooler. 75mpg easily achieved. Have done quiet a few jobs on mine so if you need any help ??

I miss my silver '05 Dynamic. Hearing of some of your 15 year old models is making me wish mines lasted longer! Good times.

Hows the DS going. Not as grin inducing as the Panda I imagine if a little smoother and quieter?

Hows the DS going. Not as grin inducing as the Panda I imagine if a little smoother and quieter?

It lacks the charm of the Panda, no doubt. But it is (relatively) luxury and refined. I love it, but I think the Panda is better at doing what it's intended to do, than the DS is at doing what DS see it / intend for it to be. The Panda is more honest, and punches above its weight. The DS makes a few claims to opulence, and it does a reasonable job at it... I like it, but it still has a lot to live up to in the long run to match the Panda I had :)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have a soft spot for Citroen C6. The other day, saw a very rare estate version with RHD. But few came into UK and those that do exist are high miles. Sadly, with so much to go wrong, owning one has become a lottery.

If I was really going Left Field, it would have to be a Renault Avantime. V6 petrol of course.

renault_avantime.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Avantime-3-0-V6-LPG-BRC-Privilage-Top-Spec/254682534019?hash=item3b4c431083:g:RGUAAOSwi15fMFhD

I have to give it to the French, them and the Italians are not afraid to break the mould and try new concepts in their cars that make it to production.

That’s what I always admired most about the Panda, it didn’t try to be anything it wasn’t. Just one hell of a robust, practical and no messing around car.

The DS has already shown it’s none of those compared to the Panda lol

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have a soft spot for Citroen C6. The other day, saw a very rare estate version with RHD. But few came into UK and those that do exist are high miles. Sadly, with so much to go wrong, owning one has become a lottery.

I'm with you there. Not a big car fan but always felt this was beyond everything else. All that tech though and 10+ years old. Err.........maybe not.

My 53 reg yellow 1.2 Dynamic got through the mot last week. Usually do 13k a year but only 6k last year due to nowhere being open. Now on 156k

I've had my lil Blue Eleganza since Dec 2019. Cheap & needed a fair bit spent but it's now a baller.

In the last month or so a neighbour in the next door block has acquired an Active 1.1 in the same colour.
Another apartment's bf has a yellow Dynamic.
Someone has also acquired a new shape Twin Air Panda on the other side of my estate.

There's also two Active 1.1s (one black, one red) on a nearby street in my town.

So at least 5 Panda 169 models going down here in my Sussex town.

Last edited:
Back