New PC build

Currently reading:
New PC build

Here we go, my new PC build is underway - so thought I would let you have glimpse of my work in progress to date.

Nothing has been purchased yet, plus the market moves so quick...

The idea is to spec up a decent gaming machine, with my current machine being moved onto the network, and being on 24/7 as it is now, for seeding, kids, etc ;)

The new machine is a bit power hungry, so will get turned off at night ;)

Let me know your thoughts (y) plus fill in the missing gaps ;)

ALL OUT OF DATE & REMOVED - SEE LATER POSTS....

Last edited:
i started reading your post, and quickly came to the conclusion you are a speccy nerd....
1004%20jim%20nerd.gif

i presume these sort of magazines:
0208-pc-mag-oct-nov-2006.JPG

get you all hot and bothered as you try to "work out" your oedipal issues on motherboard stats.........

sicko:p

Good taste!

Yeah for 4GB or RAM!

Yeah for the heatpipe, aim for extreme quietness too!

DVD-RW ain't really a hard desicion, 20x sata drive is cool.

I'd just shift the pagefile over to the second HDD.

Some amount of cash your spending there, I'll be the same minus the GFX cards but I'll buy more HDD space.

Get pics up!

Liam

Some amount of cash your spending there, I'll be the same minus the GFX cards but I'll buy more HDD space.
I am already running 1.56TB in this machine, and 4 of the drives will be moving - 160GB and 320GB remain / 160GB, 300GB, 500GB and 120GB move over - together with the 2 new drives I am buying.

I know some poeple put the PF on another Raptor, but this may be overkill - then again, I could use the remaining space for backup purposes - or maybe do a RAID setup again, we shall see.

Samsung Electronics introduced what they're calling the fastest DVD burner on the market. The Super-WriteMaster SH-S203N is a SATA burner that writes dual layer DVDs at up to 16x and also has Lightscribe support.

"Samsung's new SH-S203N is an all-in-one powerhouse that provides not only the fastest recording speeds on the market, but also built-in labeling technology that saves time and expense over the life of the drive," Richard Aguilera, western regional sales manager, Samsung Storage Division, said in a press release.

The SH-S203N also offers Speed Adjustment Technology, which Samsung says is used to match the speed to the functionality of the disc and Double Optimum Power Control, which is supposed to improve burn quality on the outside edge of the disc.

The SH-S203N has a suggested retail price of $79.99

Last edited:
Why not just get an XBOX360 ;) You know you want to...

(I wish I had the money for a good gamer PC :eek:)

go for it stu, thats exactly the kind of spec i'd have (y)

altho i'm sure you can build it for half the price you've quoted if you buy it all from the same place at the same time and call them to discuss it first.

Last edited:
Back