Technical new exhaust, totally confused

Currently reading:
Technical new exhaust, totally confused

mallettron

i need a new one, think its the flexible but the hangers look in bad shape at the box and rear
ive been quoted £350 fitted
i can buy off ebay and get my local garage to fit
BUT
the origonal one is a centre box, rear pipe
all i can find are centre pipes, rear box
mine is a 2015, 1.2 engine, 169A4000 according to the manual
prices are about £90-£120 for a complete set
totally confused as to what will fit

theres a 2016 panda down the road that has a rear box, same shape etc so they must be interchangeable

any suggestions?

seems the 169 bit is a red herring, even tho its in the owners manual
should be 312 319
still doesnt help, although its gone up to £156for a complete setup with a rear box or £209 for a centre box

im tempted to buy the cheapest and spend the rest on a big hammer!

Never been under a panda 😶. I had similar issues with my cinquecento, lots of stuff for sale but no idea what I actually needed. I bought a whole set and I just had to cut and move one exhaust bracket, scary welding a brand new exhaust as it's not returnable then. I'm only an amateur welding with the cheapest welder you can buy but it worked. Sprayed the exhaust with zinc primer and its still not rusted off😁.Fiat parts are generally interchangeable.
Good luck with your exhaust adventure.

Hi malletron, how did you get on? I too have a Panda 1.2 with a centre box. The flexi section has gone so need to replace it. However, I can't find any matching parts so am swapping the middle and back sections to the common setup. Specifically BM50739 centre pipe and FT941D back box. They're from 2 different companies so hopefully they'll behave with each other.

Last edited:
Hi malletron, how did you get on? I too have a Panda with a centre box. The flexi section has gone so need to replace it. However, I can't find any matching parts so am swapping the middle and back sections to the common setup. Specifically BM50739 centre pipe and FT941D back box. They're from 2 different companies so hopefully they'll behave with each other.
I was lucky in that I took the whole exhaust off and compared new and old side by side. The most important thing is that they are the same internal diameter, then they will slot into each other with the aid of a soft hammer and exhaust paste. This also gives you an opportunity to look at the condition of the rubber hangers. Newer hangers don't seem to last like the older ones 😪
I have some as spares in the shed and as the saying goes, if you have them you'll never need them 😏

Hi I’ve a 2013 TA it hasn’t got a middle box just a flexi I don’t no if this helps I’ve looked up for a new exhaust and it doesn’t look easy got
I'd say it's best to take the old one off and get some measurements off it before buying parts. These can be cut down if necessary. I found motorfactors helpful if you can find an old school place. There is a place used by boy racers and they make exhausts from scratch and not mad expensive

Hi I’ve a 2013 TA it hasn’t got a middle box just a flexi I don’t no if this helps I’ve looked up for a new exhaust and it doesn’t look easy got
I searched the catalogues of BM catalysts, EuroFlo and Klarius who all make exhausts for new Pandas. The EuroFlo catalogue was the most comprehensive but some of the part numbers were not available so just because they list a part doesn't mean you'll be able to get it.

Hmm. Never seen a Panda with a centre box, but then again I really only see the older cars so never crawled about under one as new as this.
1.4 has a centre box. I think the 1.2s dont. My system for Daffo was £80 off eBay. Its fine but the .2 69HP is a larger diameter pipe at the front so measure before ordering. £90 should buy a full system with the rubber mounts.

1.4 has a centre box. I think the 1.2s dont. My system for Daffo was £80 off eBay. Its fine but the .2 69HP is a larger diameter pipe at the front so measure before ordering. £90 should buy a full system with the rubber mounts.
That's the weird thing. Some 1.2 Panda's do have centre boxes but only a few. I should have said mine is a 1.2. I've edited my earlier post for clarity.

That's the weird thing. Some 1.2 Panda's do have centre boxes but only a few. I should have said mine is a 1.2. I've edited my earlier post for clarity.
I have a feeling our 2014 1.2 has a centre box but will have to look. I would be pretty suprised if it makes any mechanical difference, but might make it quieter. Centre box is small and just part of the centre pipe or the whole front section. Have you looked at ePER? Ive just looked its shows both systems and gives part mubers. It also appears to suggest some just have the centre silencer.... and some may have both.

I have been talking to Power flow exhausts and a stainless full system is not outrageously expensive.

Google the part mumbers and see what comes up. One pf the sites will ask for a reg number and you will gradually narrow it down.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-29 233919.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-29 233919.png
    417.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I have a feeling our 2014 1.2 has a centre box but will have to look. I would be pretty suprised if it makes any mechanical difference, but might make it quieter. Centre box is small and just part of the centre pipe or the whole front section. Have you looked at ePER? Ive just looked its shows both systems and gives part mubers. It also appears to suggest some just have the centre silencer.... and some may have both.

I have been talking to Power flow exhausts and a stainless full system is not outrageously expensive.

Google the part mumbers and see what comes up. One pf the sites will ask for a reg number and you will gradually narrow it down.
Stainless is not really worth it, they sound different and if the ms one is made from decent steel it will probably outlast the car. A friend got a ss exhaust on his 5 cylinder volvo and he's very disappointed with the sound. If it's designed in ms then save your money and go with that. Just my 2cents worth 🤔👍🇮🇪

Ive been looking at online automotive whom I have used before and they show no centre box. I think ePer suggests it may have been dropped / modified. I would call a Fiat workshop and ask what should be fitted as I agree its unclear. The 169 has no centre box and has the same engine so I dont tink it a vital thing but will make the car quieter. As we have a loose baffle somewhere Im nor sure I would replace the centre box just go for the through pipe and back silencer,

This thread isn't about 875cc motors, but a 2013 Twinair on here has had stainless exhaust for 8 + years.. Through choice rather than necessity 😉

But the cost of some Twinair systems makes the price pretty fair

I have not seen many FIRE motor systems with a centre box..

Maybe its for " unusual applications" 🤔

Natural Power.. Or Dualogic.. Maybe?

I checked the ePer. None of the 1.2 diagrams match mine. The screenshot you've posted is for the 0.9 TwinAir which does appear similar to my 1.2 setup but is it really the same?

I too have a Panda 1.2 with a centre box. The flexi section has gone so need to replace it.
Would just replacing the flexi section be an option for you @Jiffycom ?
I cut mine out with an angle grinder and bolted a new flexi in place on my 169 1.2 when the old flexi got bashed in

I am beginning to think the centre box has been discontinued. It certainly appears so from ePER. Note the centre pipe on some systems has the two extra mountings that were used for the centre box. One the 169 60HP these mounts are not even on the pipe.

The diagram doies show the TA but if you interrogate it also appears to lead there from the 1.2 part numbers as well. Fiat are good at using whats around at the time and I wonder whether the cars with the centre box have the system origianlly specified for the TA. TA being the raspy thing it is probably needs two silencers. If I try and discard my OCD (Panda) and using logic I would say you dont need the centre silencer and will pay a great deal more to get it. I am getting my head around this so when I need to change ours it will get the the standard single box system.. Ill go and look at ours now. The 169 is no noisier than the 319 with our cheap eBay system on it. I noticed the eBAy part also have 2 year warranty.

i need a new one, think its the flexible but the hangers look in bad shape at the box and rear
ive been quoted £350 fitted
i can buy off ebay and get my local garage to fit
BUT
the origonal one is a centre box, rear pipe
all i can find are centre pipes, rear box
mine is a 2015, 1.2 engine, 169A4000 according to the manual
prices are about £90-£120 for a complete set
totally confused as to what will fit

theres a 2016 panda down the road that has a rear box, same shape etc so they must be interchangeable

any suggestions?
For a short period of time the did a version with a centre box and rear pipe. Not sure why unless this was due to supply issues. I’d be almost certain they are interchangeable. The catalytic converter flange has not changed so you would be able use a middle pipe and back box. Just be aware of cheap copies that are inferior to the originals. I managed to source a good second hand mid pipe and back box off a car that had done 19k for £60

Back