General Hi, I'm a little confused

Currently reading:
General Hi, I'm a little confused

Jamster316

I have a 1.2 panda easy, bought in 2016 so mk3, the bit I'm confused about is that I need to replace the exhaust as the Flexi has given out, still passing Mots but will need to be done. The exhaust looks like that of a 1.4 panda with the central silencer. Is it common for that to happen or did the 1.2 have central silencer as well?
My other question is could I fit a rear silencer to the 1.2 instead of the central as it's harder and more expensive to get a central exhaust?

I have a 1.2 panda easy, bought in 2016 so mk3, the bit I'm confused about is that I need to replace the exhaust as the Flexi has given out, still passing Mots but will need to be done. The exhaust looks like that of a 1.4 panda with the central silencer. Is it common for that to happen or did the 1.2 have central silencer as well?
My other question is could I fit a rear silencer to the 1.2 instead of the central as it's harder and more expensive to get a central exhaust?
Around 2016 Fiat did something strange where they seemed to delete the back box, in place a central silencer and “straight” pipe to the rear. Possibly an issue with supply?? I would think that the central silencer they did for about a year would be something that’s harder to get hold of compared to the usual middle pipe and regular back box. I would have said it’s almost 100 percent compatible if you put the regular middle pipe and back box in place of it. At the end of the day I can’t see Fiat having modifying the flange design and connection where it meets the catalytic converter. It’s only the 500 where the exhaust pipe “slides” over the catalytic converter pipe. Arguably more difficult to separate compared to a “bolt on” flange unless it’s rusted to hell.

Back