Near rear ending!!

Currently reading:
Near rear ending!!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
OMFG :eek:

Andy Monty isn't going to be pleased. He's just spent £250 on one from Maplin.

Good find there (y)

Yep, well pleased - says it is brand new, just been out of box for pics (isn't that what they always say?).
Originally wanted £150 & pickup only but ASQ & came up with a tenner postage so I made an offer for £150 inc.
(I'd love to know what minimum offer would have been though (just out of interest)).

Hoping to use it in the bus as well as the car (get all the real idiots performing in front of the bus) so I can make up my own montage - sadly, I'm not allowed to make copies from the onboard cam, the card goes off to the office & we can view an incident to make a report but that's it.
(it wouldn't hurt to knock out a quick disk - I'll bet the office bods make up a montage for their xmas bash (but we aren't even invited to that - mind you, they all think they're better than us)

The real deal
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330355250219&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I know about the chinese pap, hence why I've not bought one thus far but this one seemed a bargain compared to prices of elsewhere. (maplins didn't even have any in stock)

OMFG :eek:

Andy Monty isn't going to be pleased. He's just spent £250 on one from Maplin.

Good find there (y)

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

censored.gif

£240 dont forget jon ;)

also... where would i stand (with and without one of them cameras) when lastnight it was very dark and rainy and i come to pull out of a junction only to have to slam my brakes on because a guy in a black car with no lights on at all speeding!

It could be me being tired, but the above doesn't make that much sence. You nearly rear end them?

It makes me tempted to get one of them with the amount of shocking driving i see/experience driving around london. Like earlier i nearly had a saab reverse out of a road onto me he started moving; stopped and i thought he'd seen me, i kept my foot over the brake pedal just incase and then he just went for it and pulled out right infront of me. I stopped well in time but i mean thats just not on.

Just to add to the Beard's post, if you rear end someone then the chances are their rear lights could be damaged in the process. Either that or they could argue that the impact caused the bulb filaments to break.

Also I'm fairly certain that a signalling bus pulling out has right of way so both you and the driver in front should've read the road ahead a little better ;)
What I was trying to say (was knackered at the time) was that a bulb that breaks while switched off will look different from one that breaks with an electrical current running though it. I'm pretty certain that after a nose to tail collision that involved a fatality, a Police Forensics Department proved that the brake lights of the car in front had been on at the time of the impact.

The concept of the "Right of Way" is frequently misunderstood. Nobody here has the "Right" to drive. Nor do we have the right to cycle, fly or ride a horse. We all, however, have the "Right" to walk. Rule 223 of the Highway Code suggests you "Give Way" to buses, not give them the "Right of Way". Remember, it's very difficult to "get away" with hitting a pedestrian.

Tut tut.

Highway code rule 223

'Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.'

Cheers
SPD
See my reply above.

Surely if your past the stage where its not safe to stop to let them out, and have to slam your breaks on like they did...

Edit - As it says in the highway code...'when you can do safely'...from what OP says...doesn't sound very safe.

Hmmm that sounds more like a recommendation than a rule.... :chin:
Rule 223 is just that; a rule not a law. If it were a law, it would contain the words: "Must" or "Must not."

The OP says he nearly ran into the back of someone because their brake lights weren't working. He didn't say the bus pulled out causing everyone to brake suddenly. By reading the road ahead the OP would've seen the signalling bus before the person in front braked, and using foresight would've approached with caution knowing that there was a likelihood that the car in front of him would brake to let the bus out.
The only thing better than hindsight is forward planning (or second sight)

It could be me being tired, but the above doesn't make that much sence. You nearly rear end them?

nah they where tanking it down a road i was pulling out onto. it was pissing down at the time and really dark (road only lit on one side and there is a huge park on the other side so nothing to see the car against) i pulled out and had to hit the breaks because i thought i seen something which turned out to be this car :bang:
was behind this car for about a mile... flashed them a few times but he still never turned the lights on!

nah they where tanking it down a road i was pulling out onto. it was pissing down at the time and really dark (road only lit on one side and there is a huge park on the other side so nothing to see the car against) i pulled out and had to hit the breaks because i thought i seen something which turned out to be this car :bang:
was behind this car for about a mile... flashed them a few times but he still never turned the lights on!

Oh right.

Had similar thing when crossing over dual carrageway once. Pitch black, pissing it down and a classic Mini with only sidelights on nearly t-bonned us (n)

Who needs a dash cam when a phone and blutac work perfectly?:p

YouTube - Test lap of chatteris.

Hmmm, Well it lasted 43sec's before falling over. Probably is power hungry and only got half screen shoot of shakes :p

But all in all not a bad attempt. I did try similar with my N95 before I decided to get the real thing :)

Hmmm, Well it lasted 43sec's before falling over. Probably is power hungry and only got half screen shoot of shakes :p

But all in all not a bad attempt. I did try similar with my N95 before I decided to get the real thing :)

I did a vid before that but had the camera the wrong way and that didnt fall, it did then because i put it on the curved bit above the dials, then above the radio. Only did it as a test to see if my phone has a decent camera or not. Plus, in the first one i went over some speed bumps quite fast and it didnt fall so hail blutac:p

Back