General My Seicento is back on the road!

Currently reading:
General My Seicento is back on the road!

Once i get the matt black graphics on it, the whole thing will tie together.

I am going to wrap RobWs Cinq at some point soon.

Just discussing whether to go green and matt black with his new fiat 500 too.

Then maybe an old 500!!

Dog corners well with her new powerflex bushes!

She has been trying to destroy one for 3 years now. It only has a few tiny bits chewed off it. I will take a pic and post it up!

They make great dog toys and bounce in all sorts of strange directions, which keeps her running all over the place!

I Meant to mention.

i've had my first casualty of car parts.

Cooked a coil pack which has only done around 500 miles!

Raided a spare cinq i have to get some more.

Swapped both out and car pulled much better.

Next little project will be some brackets to isolate the coils from the engine block! - If anyone wants, let me know!

Adam

It is a bit too low and load to be a stealth one, but people to feel the need to prove that their new standard car is much quicker than it. Little oo they know!!!!

I had some good comments about it at castle combe yesterday. Even though it was parked within meters of Ferarris, Zonda, NSX, Maseratis etc.

Was talking to rays wheels about some new ultra light forged wheels for it!

Mmmmmm very tempting.

The Sei is a wicked car, turbo performance from n/asp and there is more to come. My turbo Cinq is hiding from it - will be cool to put them head to head on the 1/4 mile.

My track Cinq is planned to get similar treatment over the winter, got plenty of bits saved up to go on ...

Be great to test her on trackday soon mate (y)

nice. i see you did away with the crappy stock inlet manifold.. they're shocking for high flow rates aren't they :eek:

have they actually ever been tested? my mates Trofeo uses the same mpi manifold but has a inch spacer which from what i can tell is to tune the tract lengh or injector distance. other then that it had not been changed (most likely ported a little) and that puts out 110bhp so cant be flowin to bad!

that is a "clone" of the Trofeo intake :eek: except fiat made them from cast alloy with a abarth scorpian on it :yum:

aye it was meant as a clone, re the manifold. I think it might've even been signwerx that had one on a flow bench and it was god awful in stock form. When i had one on my p75 setup (ported, matched to ported head) at WOT above 4krpm, a vacuum would begin to form in manifold, as if the engine was trying to pull more air through it than it could deliver. As the revs climbed, so did the vac pressure. Even opening up the ICV channel had no effect on it (didnt expect it to solve it, but if the TB was a restriction then you'd think it'd move the vacuum point a little bit, but it did not)

The Sei is a wicked car, turbo performance from n/asp and there is more to come. My turbo Cinq is hiding from it - will be cool to put them head to head on the 1/4 mile.

My track Cinq is planned to get similar treatment over the winter, got plenty of bits saved up to go on ...

Be great to test her on trackday soon mate (y)

Lets face it Whitney, Turbos suck!!!!!!!

Let me get it revving to 8500rpm and you wont see me for dust!

aye it was meant as a clone, re the manifold. I think it might've even been signwerx that had one on a flow bench and it was god awful in stock form. When i had one on my p75 setup (ported, matched to ported head) at WOT above 4krpm, a vacuum would begin to form in manifold, as if the engine was trying to pull more air through it than it could deliver. As the revs climbed, so did the vac pressure. Even opening up the ICV channel had no effect on it (didnt expect it to solve it, but if the TB was a restriction then you'd think it'd move the vacuum point a little bit, but it did not)

Arc,

it was my engine builder who cut the manifold apart to balance the flow between the ports. The whole thing looks ugle as hell on the outside, but he knows his stuff and i'm not going to argue with him!

Lets face it Whitney, Turbos suck!!!!!!!

Let me get it revving to 8500rpm and you wont see me for dust!

Let's face it, a NA 1.4 makes around 100bhp. It also weighs about 300 kilos more than that Sei. That's an aweful lot of body fat, or enough sugar to last a couple of years.

No n/a Cento will live with a high boost turbo. Turbos blow, anyway........;)

Let's face it, a NA 1.4 makes around 100bhp. It also weighs about 300 kilos more than that Sei. That's an aweful lot of body fat, or enough sugar to last a couple of years.

No n/a Cento will live with a high boost turbo. Turbos blow, anyway........;)

You have lost me with that post. What has a 1.4 got to do with my car? Or are you referring to another fiat?

What do you mean about n/a cento living with high boost turbo?

Yes Turbos blow! However they must suck before they can blow!

My referral to Turbos sucking was metephorical. Sucking in terms of i dont like them! Not in terms of their physical operation.

Can you clarify your points about the 1.4 thing please and the others.

Thanks

Adam :)

i think he was confusing putting your car vs robs hi boost cinq with your car vs robs 500. hence the 1.4 and 300kg heavier bit

Just so:
Seicento is quicker than RobW's New 500 1.4

Yours is a very nice car. It'll live with low boost Cinq tubs. I can't see any way on God's earth that it could live with Martin's old tub (now Donna's) or Jason's (when/if it's fixed again). But very little under 2 NA litres could. As someone once said "it's the area under the curve that matters".

It has been argued that all engines suck................

Back