General My Seicento is back on the road!

Currently reading:
General My Seicento is back on the road!

Airflow is good when car is moving. Taking the rubber seal off from the section above the engine creates a lot of air throughput.

The front bumper has more holes that a lump of dutch cheese too!

engine does get hot when stationary, but temperature drops when moving. Large oil cooler helps keep it all around the same temperature.

This is the one i had on my old blue sei:

DSC00105.jpg

And this is the kit on my new Sei:

DSCF0319.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

P.S I'm interested in a short shift, are you still making these or can you assist in a tut for one?

Thanks

Last edited:
First few casualties during shake down

Rear Engine Mount
Gearbox Mount
Alternator

Oh and this is what I call a set of car ramps!

ramps.jpg

fill the mounts with tigerseal, it seems to work on the 16v's

yes but only do the rear... filling them makes them very stiff and can easily damage the chassis over time.
my rear mount came apart when i got my car. glued it back together and its been fine for over a year. which is brilliant considering my centos mounts are going to be the most abused :rolleyes:

yes but only do the rear... filling them makes them very stiff and can easily damage the chassis over time.
my rear mount came apart when i got my car. glued it back together and its been fine for over a year. which is brilliant considering my centos mounts are going to be the most abused :rolleyes:

They will not damage the chassis, there is still movement in them, just not as much as normal, a big improvement. If the chassis falls apart before a rubber mount filled with polyurethane then there's something wrong.

I've used C-one motorsport engine mounts before on a Celica GT4 and they are properly solid, the dash used to vibrate on idle yet as soon as above 1000rpm couldn't notice any differance apart from much sharper gearchange and throttle response as no flex in the engine under torque. Its the low RPm harmonics that vibrate everything apart, well that and very high stuf if engine is unbalanced.

Last edited:
All 3 of mine are filled and pretty solid, no damage to date :)

I need to do something with them.

Now i have new mounts, my exhaust knocks on the body! :bang:

Slowly (very) working through all the teething problems.

Engines seems to be running in now, starting to be more traction problems in 2nd gear.

It will be interesting to see how the dyno graph looks after a few hours of use (I Mean Abuse!)

Back