General My Seicento is back on the road!

Currently reading:
General My Seicento is back on the road!

signwerx

After 3 years of work, she is now road legal.

Most of the work is self explanitory, but egine is currently 1242 multipoint with 88hp at the wheels. I will upload the dyno sheet to go with this. Thanks to Tim at Race Developents for a superb engine and Mech Motorsport in Cheltenham for setting up the MBE ECU!!!!!!

Pics to follow.

DSC01122.JPG

DSC01123.JPG

DSC01124.JPG

very nice work, looks like you have been busy and i would say it's paid off (y) not sure about the exhaust placement, but if you like it then nothing else matters, loving the alloys, what are they? any thing else your going to do?

cheers,

Jake.

Hi Jake,

the exhaust placement was to give the best flow on exhaust.

I dont mind it though! It looks a bit naff or a bad Zonda copy, but it seems irresistable to idiots in fast cars. I keep getting pulled over after they try and out accelerate it and fail!

The comment is always the same. "What the F**k have you got in that?"

I just tell them that it is a 1.2 punto engine and offer them a look. They usually shake my hand before they drive off again!

The handling was a bit wooly to start off with, but i had the tracking checked yesterday and it was 25 degrees off!

Handles like its on rails now!

Wheels are compomotive MOs with yoko A539s on them.
Wheels are 4x100 with 18mm stud conversion alloy spacers.

Tyres are 195 wide. They wouldnt fit on the back, so i cut the whole of the inner arch on both sides (Including round the filler cap!) and pulled the whole of the side of the car out by 20mm!!!!!!

You cant see that it has been done and welding upside down is not my speciality. It is rough as the preverbial badgers bum, but is now proudly hidden under have a ton of seam sealer!

A few things that i have done to the car.

Roll Cage : Home made
Rear Suspension. Modified arms and Avo coilovers off the cage
Front Suspension. Avo Coilovers
Exhaust. Home made from Jettex parts, glass fibre wrapped and spare wheel well removed to fit exhaust
Interior. Gone! Woohoo! - Ear Plugs Essential
Car Computer. Black thing with a touch screen to give readings from ecu
WHeels. Compomotive MOs with 195 Yoko A539s
Brakes. Punto gt Discs all round. Rear brake pipes through car
Engine. High Compression 1242. Big Injectors. Custom Inlet. 38mm TB. Supersprint Exhaust Mani. MBE Engine Management. No induction kit yet and the last one cost me 2hp! Very Lightened Flywheel
Gearbox. Home made short shift kit - GIves 60% reduction - I can make these if anyone wants one????? (Oh and an oil leak!!!!!)

Ride: Very stiff and corners without any roll. Rear wheel camber is 6.5degrees and get good grip when fast cornering. Allergic to speed bumps and potholes alike! Likes pulling away very quickly from traffic lights. Favorite snack is Golf 1.8 turbo with wideboy driver!

Next plan: Double valve springs as get valve chatter at around 6000rpm. Very little clearance between pistons and valves due to removal of squish by engine builder.

I think i better buy another gearbox, as mine wont last that long for sure! Will fir LSD and straightcuts when one comes up and a good price.

I am slowly wrapping the car green when i get a minute!

The bumpers are going matt black and then stripes and graphics to tie it in.

I cant fix the brackets onto the rear bumper until it is black, so gaffa tape stops them rattling too much.

It pulls extremely well. Want to book a track day if anyone else is up for a days sport?

I am slowly wrapping the car green when i get a minute!

The bumpers are going matt black and then stripes and graphics to tie it in.

I cant fix the brackets onto the rear bumper until it is black, so gaffa tape stops them rattling too much.

It pulls extremely well. Want to book a track day if anyone else is up for a days sport?

Your not to far from castle combe being in glouscter. Usually track days on there with fellow FF members attending. check events

Buy a roll of yellow gaffer tape!

Looks fun, although I am not keen on the rear harness mounts.

I think it would be better to wrap the strap around the bar.

I presume just a trackday car.

Cheers

SPD

Hi Rally Cinq.

The harness has an eye and the end is stitched so i cant remove it. I agree that it would have been better to wrap it aroubd, but the next best thing was a very chunky bit of metal welded to the cage.

It is designed for track only, but has a full MOT as of friday, so i drive it one the road to shake it down and annoy fast car drivers with more ego that horsepower!

Mech Motorsport in Cheltenham does me some good rates.

Personally, i would rather have 2hp more!

I need to sort out a decent plenum.

I have a plastic one from the 899 that i have bored and smoothed to increase flow. I also have an ITG carbox airbox housing that was off one of my cinqs. Unfortunately, this is too big to fit under the bonnet.

Ideally, i want a silicon plenum with a bigger intake port than the standard black plastic one. However i cant find one. The only other option is to get some ali welded up to make my own plenum.

Some of the turbo type plenums are quite good, but the inlet pipe is too small for N/A flow rates required.

I like the idea of ITBs but would be interested in seeing this other manifold.

If you have any idea where to find a thread, please point me in the right direction.

Back